Hi! In my game I'm creating a simple open menu game event whereby the player do some animation before the menu is opened. But here I face a problem, whereby when I have multiple menus (overview and inventory for example) and they all uses Single Screen, whenever I access inventory menu from overview menu and close inventory menu, the open menu game event runs again before the overview menu pop up, which is very unpleasant. Is there a way to solve this? Meaning I only want the open menu event I place in overview menu to run one time.

Thanks!
  • For example, there's menu A and B. Open menu game event was set in menu A. All of them are Single Screen.

I navigate from A --> B --> A. During B --> A, the open menu game event I set at A plays again (which in my case, player will do some animation and speak some dialogue). How do I prevent this? I only want the open menu game event to play the first time when I start the navigation.

Appreciate any help given!
  • Hm, probably best to call the menu screen via a global event (World > Global Events) instead of using the call key - that way you can do your open game event stuff in that event and call the menu.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It worked! Thanks for the tips.
  • The next update will add an option to only use the open game event when not coming from another menu screen (similar to the close game event's setting to only execute when actually closing the menu).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!