Is there still no way to force an item to re-calibrate all of its variables after changes are made to them? Any chance of this feature being included in the next update?
  • This is currently not planned to be added any time soon ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • What about copying, destroying and reequipping items every time they're used? Would that force them to recalibrate?
  • Copying (e.g. via script using the GetCopy function) will just copy the variable values. If you're interested in getting this feature into ORK, you can contact me at contact@orkframework.com to commission it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I thought I might have figured out a workaround via tying all of my variable formulas into the "Durability" setting, ticking the "Auto Init" box and then unequipping and reequipping any equipment featured in an event, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The individual variables will change as the event instructs, but the item's durability, which is based on those variables, remains stagnant. Not sure whether I'm running my unequip/reequip part of the event incorrectly, or I've just miscalculated that this solution could even work in the first place. Assuming (fingers crossed) that it might be the former possibility, here's how I've set up my "Change Equipment" nodes and such.

-Firstly, I use a "Select Equipment" node to select the item currently equipped to an equipment slot titled "Both Hands."

-Moving on, I link to a "Change Equipment" node with the "Both Hands" equipment part selected, equip set to none and "Keep Unequipped" checked.

-Then I wait for 0.001 seconds, just to be safe.

-Finally, I link into another "Change Equipment" node with "Use Selected Data" checked. The Selected Key is set to "Value."
  • Why not just change the variables on the equipment via selected data and a Change Game Variables node?
  • Just to let you know - the next update (ORK 2.23.0) will add options to ability, item and equipment variables to update variables upon changes. You can define separate variable changes that are used each time the ability/item/equipment variables change.
  • Once again, merci beacoup for the enhancement of awesomness. Now I can break all my stuff with just the switch of a few variables!