-So I noticed when I hover my cursor over an item and press the key to bring up the inventory submenu (mouse button 1, click), that it might be targeting the entire item group rather than an individual item. If I move the cursor over an item, click the right mouse button, then click on the submenu button that's supposed to equip the item, what happens is that it equips the first item of it's type and cycles it forward one space. Clicking on an item with the standard mouse button (mouse button 0, click) uses/equips the item as intended.

-On a separate note, once I can be sure that I've selected the appropriate single item with my submenu, is it possible to transfer the selection to a new item menu using an event button?
  • Is the item selected when you call the submenu? Mouse button 1 usually doesn't select the button, so the click would just call the submenu on whatever other item is selected. In case you're using mainly mouse input to navigate your menus, you might want to enable Mouse Over Selection in Menus > Menu Settings - this'll select whatever button you're currently hovering over.

You can't change the menu's selection via events.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • -Mouse Over Selection is selection is already selected.

-I don't want to change the selection, I'd like to keep it. I want to call up a secondary menu for inspecting items that will show the item's description in a new HUD with its own set of buttons. The menu says that's what it's intended to do, so I think the problem must lie in the fact that the item isn't being properly selected when the submenu is called using the right mouse key.
  • I guess I'm a bit confused on what you mean by item group and individual item - is an item group like item A, B and C, or just a stack of item A (e.g. 10x)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Right, sorry about the slip in vernacular there. I meant that ORK seems to be selecting groups of items based on whether the current object selected is Armor, a Weapon or an Item. It ignores defined "Item Types" entirely, but cycles to the first item of a particular sort. So, when I hover the mouse over an item, it seems to recognize and select the item, but the right button just causes that selection to move to the first available item of its kind. Only left clicking will select and activate the correct item, but I don't want to use it for calling a submenu.
  • That's very strange ... definitely not happening here. Is your right mouse button input also used somewhere else?