edited March 2019 in ORK Support
Hi GiL,

I'd really need horizontal filling for loot + money and separate combatant icons with experience below that.

It should look similar like this:
https://imgur.com/a/eExUgzp

Since ORK can use only content text from GUI to display these values in 1 vertical row ONLY, I'm looking for your help in this.

I have GUI box ready, maybe I'll be able to use custom scripts to force display values in the way I want to.

Can you please let me know, what script uses ORK to display Money, Loot, Combatants with Status Value(Experience)? Maybe I can start the script within the defined UI separately and come to a better wanted display.

Thanks for help, Machal

Edit: Using ORK 2.16.0 and New UI. Are ORK future updates offering any solutions to this maybe?
Post edited by Machal on
  • One of the more recent releases (I think ORK 2.20.0 or 2.21.0) added more options to the battle end dialogues, e.g. adding HUD elements to them.

However, if you need a specialized battle end screen like that, it's probably best solved by writing a custom UI and filling it with ORK data.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2019
    Yeah, checked 2.21, there was some battle end dialogue option, which got me interested. HUD's are what I'm actually looking for.

Would I be able to add money + loot into 1 hud? Then I thought that putting vertical columns in choices, then limiting their bounds would make those items to appear horizontally. Or, making 2 horizontal columns and the first one will be big enough so that 2nd is never used.

What do you think about that option?
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Loot (money, items, etc.) and combatant infos are separate dialogues, so you can't combine them. As said previously, a setup like that in your picture (and you describe) isn't possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, we would really need this, is there ANY way to make this happen? Basically what needs to be done is, that Money, Items and Combatants would need separate HUD's.

PM me if needed. We are open for cooperation in this matter.
  • Please send me an email (contact@orkframework.com) with the details and I'll get to it :)
  • E-mail sent, appreciate it.
  • Hi GiL, is there any news on this topic. We would also love to have more advanced Battle Gains or Victory screens. Especially useful for mobile games.

I was looking up the Patreon program if there is some amount we can support you and directly influence what would be in the next patch (aside of the polls), that would be great :)

Thank you.
  • Is there any rough ETA at least, please? We're pretty much waiting for this feature together with the Quest Bar for Task counters.
  • I haven't even looked into it, as there where other things in development (e.g. the asset sources and Unity 2019 compatibility).
  • edited May 2019
    You could simply write you don't and when you will be about to implement it. We have a big project and need to synchronize it with your updates. You should know what will you include in your next update in these cases and not let people wait weeks just to tell them you don't give a sh*t.

Feels like you don't really want people to buy your asset at all.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • I'm sorry that you feel that way.

You requested a pretty big new feature to be implemented for free, while I was in active development of an update that took almost 2 month and included changes in the entire framework (asset sources), followed by the Unity 2019 release that also required updates to make ORK/Makinom compatible with it.

Small features or new options for existing features can be implemented pretty fast and I'm usually able to add them to the next update when requested, but bigger stuff like this (especially UI related things are always complex to implement) can only be done when I get to it (which is what I said).

If you require a specific feature for your game, you should commission it to get it as soon as possible - otherwise you'll have to wait until I'm able to do it.
  • edited May 2019
    Well, we've sent you e-mail with this request, with a closer cooperation and asking if you would require money to fuel it up. Got no answer, so what else can be assumed?

I don't know if it is a "big" or "small" feature, that's why you're there to communicate it clearly to me just like you did now, no reason to wait for 2 months just to get your client upset.

So, commission means, that If we support you on Patreon, we can get some ETA? You know that we have to purchase whole version of ORK again, together with Makinom, just to get the new Updates anyway? Because we stopped on ORK 2.16.0 and then you applied your new funding feature with buying ORK updates for 1 year only.

Post edited by Machal on
  • Sorry, this seems to have been a misunderstanding on my part. I thought you'd asked for a feature to be implemented for free, not that you'd be willing to pay for it. I'll try to get you a quote for it this week.
  • It's fine, but still haven't received anything from you.