Start game. Walk to enemy. Turn base battle. When I select fire spell. My character uses the fire spell. Game freezes. Any ideas?
  • edited February 2019
    Might have to post a bit more about how the fire spell works. Only time I got a freeze was when an event got stuck in an infinite loop.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Not sure what you mean. What would the set up look like?

Ability fire is not working when being used.
  • Fire is set up off the sample little game. Checked everything many time over and over. Until anyone can give me a idea what to do with a ability not working. I'll have to start over. :(
  • What Unity and ORK version are you using? Also, do you get any error in Unity's console?

Unity removed the legacy particle effect system in one of the latest releases, so the prefabs from ORK's tutorial (which still use that system) will probably produce errors when used.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Just updated to the new unity and new Ork framework. What should I downgrade them both too.
  • I'm not sure when exactly they removed it, but I think Unity 2018.1 should be fine.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • You don't need to downgrade, just make a new prefab out of whatever(sphere/particle) and use that instead.

The only other one after that in the tutorial that's messed up is the item prefab. Same deal, or just retick the radio toggle button next to the name on the tutorial one and confirm the overrides.
  • Ive had the same issue with the latest ork framework and unity 2018.3, fire spell freezes the game
  • I've updated the demo project and tutorial resources for Unity 2018 this week and replaced the legacy particles with the 'new' particle system.