• World building and NPC's this month!
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Looking good, and I really like the artwork :)

Just noticed, there's an 'area not found' area in your menu, so you probably didn't enter an area after starting the game. I guess it's just a test scene, but thought I should mention it just in case.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Really like the atmosphere. Any plans for an alpha/demo?
  • edited April 2019
    Thanks Keyboardcowboy! There will be a second prototype after the world and new combat system (grid based) is in. Im thinking end of May or mid June! :)
    Thinking either the intro to the game, or just a random area with combat.

Alot of the world is unity asset store stuff, defintely dropping some money on it! I'm personally making main/side characters, enemies, effects, and the story.
    I disabled the areas for now, not intentionally haha. Trying to keep things organized in the heirarchy is a pain.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited May 2019

Got the rough draft of the world done but hit a huge snag. The optimization method I had planned on using, Imposter billboards, has a pretty frustrating limitation. So I might miss my first deadline setting up manual LOD's for all the static meshes.
    I'm totally new to optimizing a game, never made it this far before, so I'm a little stressed. Here's hoping I can get a stable framerate, at least playably so, for the next demo.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited May 2019
    @Wrofir, you may want to give a try to SECTR COMPLETE now that its on sales
    Post edited by RustedGames on
  • I'll give it a look after work! Thanks for the suggestion
    Miuratale
  • edited May 2019

Moving on from world design to the new demo!
    Working on getting Mechanim working and creating new animations to fit the slower pace of the redesigned gameplay.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited May 2019
    Working on the demo. Here's the template I'm using to organize quests!

One of my goals is time management after work each day. Luckily I can use my work computer for up to an hour a day, which is time ill use making these quest blueprints. I'm hoping to have something playable in a month.

I'm moving away from an open world action game into a more tradition RPG. Dialogue options, adventure style quests, and a variety of mission outcomes will be the new focus. With each milestone I have to reevaluate what I have and what I'm working towards to ensure it's realistic for a 1 man team. Hoping this will be smooth sailing now.

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • This month has been almost entirely dedicated towards planning. I made a weapon/armor calculator, plotted out the story events, and started setting up the demo scenario. Did manage to get the rough draft of the splash screen done!

Miuratale
  • edited June 2019
    It has taken some pretty intensive reworks, but the final combat system is in the game now and works as I was hoping it would. Obviously there's still a ton of work to do on MoveAI and AI behavior that at the moment seems overwhelming, but here's hoping it'll get solved in due time.

Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale

• Can kind of see what I'm going for now.
    Going to clean things up tomorrow and start on the allies.
    Miuratale
  • It's been awhile since I have drawn anything, been totally absorded in Unity.
    So last night I drew... A FLYING CAR

Using this as a base to make a few car brand/model variants.
    Miuratale
  • edited July 2019
    Showcasing the game's first area. Creating character assets at the moment.
    My next goal is to link all the demo areas together with very basic mission objectives.
    Then test out combat encounters. It'll be similar to the video shown in a previous comment, but movement will be a separate action now, falling somewhere between a tactics game and traditional JRPG and directly inspired by Grandia. (Was going for Parasite Eve before, but the addition of allied teammates made that system fall short)
    After that I'll get the missions fleshed out with dialogue, add NPC's, and items.

Hoping the end product will be a nice mix of JRPG combat and a point and click adventure in order to capture a tabletop/dnd gameplay experience.

Here's the rough draft of character portraits...
    https://i.imgur.com/x8yj4VW.png
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited July 2019
    I've got the demo skeleton more or less ready for structuring.

Right now all I've done is connect each area with a 'cheat sphere' that lets me jump around without mission objectives in place.

-My goals are to get combat working how I want first. It's very funky right now as I only just got the mechanics in.
    -Then get the levels cleaned up, they aren't optimized at all, and the game is missing abilities like parkour, which allows the player to traverse the rooftops area.
    -Then get the world map working. That'll be the games survival element, similar to Oregon trail. You'll be able to choose between "Travel", "Camping", and "Gathering" I'm wanting this to be a significant part of the game with real consequences for gameplay.
    -Then I want to get the missions in... Dialogue and interactions.
    -Then detail the levels with lore objects and NPC's
    -Lastly, get a few sidequests in.

I'm thinking this will take between 6-9 weeks, but I'm really excited to share it :)
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale