I use ORK standard character controller for my project and I want to set up virture joystick for moving my character but I can't find any tutorials for that.

Can you guide me for that from begining?

Thak yous.

• That's pretty straight forward and done using a Control type HUD. Since it's a HUD, you also need a GUI box to actually display it.

In the HUD, beside selecting the Control type and display conditions like in any other HUD, you need to add a HUD element with the following setup:
    - Control Type: Joystick
    - Input Key: Select the input key used for the Horizontal axis in your control
    - Axis Type: Horizontal
    - Input Key 2: Select the input key used for the Vertical axis in your control

The rest depends on the size of your GUI box and how you want to display the joystick in it, E.g. let's assume your HUD element has a size of 300x300 (the Bounds setting at the bottom):
    - Axis Center: This is the position within the element bounds where the joystick will be placed (without input), so for this case it'd be X=150, y=150
    - Maximum Distance: This is the distance the joystick can be moved from teh axis center, so it might want to play around with different values until it feels right, for this case starting with 100 should be good

The default/pressed image settings define the image used for the joystick and optionally when the control is used (pressed). The images will be placed on the position of the virtual joystick, i.e. if you want to center it, you need to set X and Y to negative values of the half width and height, e.g. if your button image is 50x40, you'd have X=-25, Y=-20, W=50, H=40
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for your very quick response. I'll try this tonight.
    Actually already tried it for myself and get confuse when set up image of my joystick.

One more thing with this method do I need to set up control maps?
  • edited April 2019
    No, control maps are only used for starting actions (e.g. the base attack, using an item/ability) via an input key.

The Control HUD just is an input source for an input key (e.g. instead or incombination with keyboard/joypad input).

You can use control maps and HUDs incombination - the HUD would set the input of the input key, the control map reacts to the input key getting input.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It work perfectly, thank you for your clearly advice. It's very easy set up when you get it right.

One more thing, I would like to set up virtual running button. I don't have any problem to get it done but I want to use it like a toggle button that no need to hold it down when running. Can you point me to the right set up for this.

Thank you for your helps.
  • Hm, I don't think this is possible, at least not when using the built-in player control.