We become indebted to.
I'm trying to implement a save function using Ork
I want to save when the button is clicked.
I thought it could be done by setting the StartType of the component to UI, but I could not find a way.
I would appreciate your advice on this issue.
  • Did you follow the instructions in this how-to?

For your setup, you'd best add the Event Interaction component to your button. Make sure to select the UI start type and add it to the button as an event. Also, depending on your game, you might also need to enable In Blocked Control in the event interaction, in case the button should be clicked while the player control is blocked.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for your reply
    Follow the how-to to try the implementation.
  • Please let me know if there are additional questions.
    I've set up in the button's inspector. How do I set the UI start type to Event Interaction?
    Do you create and set an event to call save function in Event Asset?
    Please teach about these setting methods.
    I will attach the current image.
  • Ah, you're using a save point - in that case you don't need to use an event interaction and can directly use the Save Point instead. Works the same way as in the how-to, just using SavePoint > UIStart() instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry, I can not figure out what UIStart (GameObject)) is.
    I thought that UIStart (GameObject)) was a component (save in this case) that I wanted to use for an empty game object, but that did not work when used for On Click.
  • Use UIStart(), not the one with game object.
  • I'm sorry I kept asking questions many times.
    I tried to set UIStart () to the on click of the button that I want to add the save function, but even if I search UIStart (), it is not displayed and I can not set it to on click.
    Please tell us where the UI Start function is and how you can call it.
    I thought it was necessary to set something before I called it, and I thought whether there was an item related to Menus> Save Game Menu in Savepoint Component, but I couldn't find something like an answer.
    Thank you in advance.
  • Ok, here's how to do it in more detail:
    - add a Save Point component to the button's game object
    - set the start type to UI
    - click on the '+' in the button's On Click list to add a new function call to the button
    - drag the Save Point component on the object field of the click function
    - in the function popup field, select SavePoint > UIStart ()

And that's it :)
  • Thank you for explaining the details.
    Thanks to you, I was able to implement save button safely.
    Thank you very much for taking your time over and over.