Hi GiL,

we want the player to start the game always in the same scene.

We are currently saving the game into the PlayerPrefs, which are sent to our server. ORK stores PlayerPrefs always with the last scene, the player was in during the SaveGame. So every time player continues the game, he starts in the last saved scene.

Is it possible to overwrite the scene that is saved into the PlayerPrefs, to a default scene which we select manually? So regardless in what scene ORK saves the game, it will always load the default one.

This would save us a lot of trouble with various events that needs to start thru the game, it would allow us, to start all important events (like daily quest checks, makinom variables for time and server events), to start at the same time and only once when the game is started. I have checked everywhere, could not find the answer.

Thank you very much in advance,
SaVe
  • Go to Menus > Save Game Menu and check out the Save Settings. If you disable Group Positions, you can define a scene (and spawn point ID) that should be loaded when loading a game.

E.g. use this to load in the scene the player should always spawn, or load a scene that uses an Autostart event interaction to further load other special stuff/scenes as needed (or give the player a choice dialogue, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It works! Thank you very much.
  • Saving and Loading works fine, but we have discovered a small issue with the "default" scene. We have multiple events in all our scenes, that check daily quests and so on.

Now, whichever scene I select as the default scene, it will always write this yellow error in the console and one of the Events that checks time (thru makinom) does not work.

This is the error:
    Multiple EventSystems in scene... this is not supported
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:OnEnable()

If I select another default scene (which previously did not have this error), it will cause this error message there as well. So it seems like it is a problem with the default scene selection in the savegame settings.

Did you ever encountered anything like this? Maybe you have a tip what we can try.

Thank you a lot in advance,
    SaVe
  • edited April 2019
    This is screenshot of our current settings, if it helps. https://imgur.com/a/9QPdpQp
    Post edited by save1418 on
  • That warning (yellow is for warnings :D) is related to Unity's new UI - you probably either have some additional canvas in the scene (with an Event System), or might be from using both ORK and Makinom with new UI.
    It's just a warning and doesn't influence ORK's events or Makinom's schematics in any way.

The event/schematic not working is probably due to some conditions not being valid, e.g. if it's automatically starting on scene load (e.g. Autostart event interaction), you might want to add a small start delay, as the conditions might not be valid due to loading the game right after loading the scene.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, a warning :)

Thank you very much for the quick answer, it is set up for 0.3 sec delay. I will try to make a longer one.
  • Hm, that should definitely be enough time ...

Make sure the event/schematic component conditions don't auto destroy the object/component when the conditions aren't valid :)
  • I will check that as well. It is weird though, because before the default scene set up, the makinom event (time check that adds currency - something like and activity or energy in our game), was working fine.

Before the default scene, it was always loading the last scene where the game was saved and it was working fine with the same scenes as the default one, they we set up now. Wondering what has changed...
  • edited April 2019
    You might want to try to replace the events/machines in your scenes handling all these daily/time stuff with global events/machines. The Auto types can be set up to run in regular intervals.
    That'd also make your entire scene setup easier :)

In ORK, global events are set up in World > Global Events.
    In Makinom, global machines are set up in Base/Control > Global Machines.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thanks GiL with all your help. I will try it out.