I cant figure out what I've done wrong here.. I added a new scene to my project, copied everything from another scene that totally works.

For some reason in this new scene its not spawning my player at the spawn point, it always spawns it at 0,0,0 no matter what I do.
  • What's the setup of the scene changer that loads the scene?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Using it as the initial scene with the game starter component. I have a global new game event which is totally firing, and one of the steps int he event says 'spawn player at spawn point 0'.

But for some reason on this new scene its cheerfully ignoring the spawn point position.
  • So, the issue is gone now?
    Also, regarding start events - make sure you either only use the start event set up in Menus > Main Menu or an autostart event in the scene, not both :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yea after i removed all inspector windows, reopened them, and then messed around with the scene it started working. Definitely related tot he terrain upgrade int he new unity.

Also yes, I only use the Menus->Main Menu start event, so I dont need to worry about adding an event to all my scenes for testing.
  • Hmm this issue is reoccurring. I havent really changed much, besides adding some new trees to the terrain...

In screenshot 1 you can see the spawn point:

ANd in screenshot 2, where it actually spawned the player:

The scene was paused immediately after starting. If you look at the Y coords, you can see the guy is falling from way up in the sky. I can't figure out what is causing this.
  • Hm, yeah ... I also have no idea. I'd need a small Unity test project where this happens to check it out.

Is the player's spawn position the position that's set up in the prefab?
  • Let me spend some time to see if I can repro it in a simple test project
  • Cant seem to reproduce on a fresh terrain. It must be something related to this existing terrain that was upgraded by the new terrain system.
  • Have you tried removing the terrain from the scene and adding a new one using the same terrain data?
  • Embarrassingly, I couldnt figure out how to do that.
    If i create a new terrain I cant figure out how to change its data to use the existing one.
  • Hm, I thought that was possible ... seems like you can only drag the terrain data into the scene to create a new terrain from it. Have you tried that?
  • Hmm thats a smart idea.... Will try this aft..
  • Sorry for the delay, the day job got busy..
    So I couldnt figure out any way to recreate the terrain, so I just started a new one from scratch and it all seems to be working correctly now.
    I'll post here again if the issue comes up in the future.