edited April 2019 in Announcements
Since a lot of you always ask about OOTII camera controller working with ORK, check out this control wrapper in the custom player/camera control how-to.

It's easy to set up (just setting it up in ORK's custom controls) and supports control blocks, camera control target changes and transitions.

You're using a different custom camera controller? The provided wrapper script should be pretty easy to adept by changing the ootii related code lines with your controller (i.e. namespace, the control component's name and setting the target).
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've noticed after a battle the camera does not return to the correct position
  • That should be either up to the camera controller setting that position or using the event system to reset the camera.

What's your setup - are you using the battle camera, keep the camera control enabled or do camera changes via battle events?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2019
    I've set up the ootii 3rd person camera as in the ootii instructions. Set up the wrapper as per your instructions. I havent messed with any other settings. Then tested on the demo scenes 0 main menu, 1 Town and then the turn based battles in 2. Field. So it goes from ottii camera to battle camera then when the battle is finished the camera goes back to ootii but is on the floor and not above and behind the character.
    Post edited by Dreamwalker23 on
  • edited April 2019
    Make sure that the actual camera (component) is on the same game object as the ootii component.

I'm not sure if this is a requirement for the ootii setup to have camera and the camera controller separate (e.g. camera being a child object), but having it separated leads to ORK moving the child object (camera) around, which changes the camera's view :)
    In my tests it worked fine when having camera and ootii on the same game object.

Edit: I've updated the how-to with some information on the camera's setup in the scene, in short:
    - have OOTII's Camera Controller component attached to the same game object as the Camera component
    - use the Main Camera tag on the game object
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • The main camera is a child of the camera rig game object that's the way ootii setup works. I have set it up just like in the demo. I've tried every different setting with your script and it does not work after battle even the gamepad controls stop working and I start running round in circles. Its not the end of the world Keldryn's script still works as it should.
  • Controls are probably messed up due to the camera perspective (in case you're using camera based movement).

If your camera is a child object of the camera rig and you're using camera positions/changes in ORK, you'll need to reset the camera's position to the camera rig's position to fix this before restoring camera control after battle.
  • Yes, the Camera Controller requires the Camera as a child object. The CC acts as the physical camera rig, and the Camera itself as the lens. So you just need to set the Camera's transform back to Vector3.zero once control is returned to the player.
  • I've added options for resetting camera position/rotation when restoring control. Defaults to resetting local position/rotation :)
  • Thank you it works really good now. I appreciate your fast responses with this. This is cool now I have a third person controller with mechanim animations and a decent third person camera all with help from this forum. For a 21st century game or open world rpg these are a must, even if like me you prefer turn based battles you can still make it look like a modern game.
  • Are these options supposed to trigger CameraTargetChanged() of the camera wrapper script?

From what I understood this should mark the cell as camera target?
  • Yep, they should target the cells - aren't they in your setup?
  • No, If I have place on selection enabled they kind target player character only so as I move the mouse camera tracks player prefab. if I have that disabled camera receives no calls to update target.
    How would it work if I had correct setup? The camera would target each cell I have mouse over or it would update if I have mouse over the deployment cell?
  • Code-wise, ORK targets the cell - but Place On Selection also places the combatant on that cell, so it might just look like it's targeting the combatant?
    Is the camera controller's anchor set to the cell or the combatant?
  • edited May 2019
    Every thing is ok until i load the game ,
    camera position and rotation is wrong place,
    I fix this with add two line code to ORKCameraControlWrapper.cs Start()
    But i don't know if this modification is correct?

this.cameraComponent = this.GetComponentInChildren<Camera>();
    cameraComponent.transform.localPosition=Vector3.zero;
    cameraComponent.transform.localRotation =Quaternion.identity;
    I notice that the Camera Controller still "enabled" in the battle(ATB) ,
    but I have ticked "Block Camera Control" in the Event Settings.
    Post edited by zmaxz on
  • edited May 2019
    Is the camera controller's anchor set to the cell or the combatant?
    Where is that option?
    so it might just look like it's targeting the combatant?
    The target object sent is player combatant though. Not placed combatant but player/group leader.
    Post edited by hellwalker on