help me again please. I use the damage dealer and did everything as indicated in the tutorial, the only thing that I have in the attack nocalculation animation is mechanim. what's the matter why not working?
  • If your setup is correct (i.e. using auto damage dealers and they're also setup correctly everywhere), the issue is most likely that your event doesn't have any wait times, so the damage dealer is activated and deactivated in the same frame.

Mecanim doesn't automatically let ORK know how long an animation is, i.e. the Wait option doesn't have a wait time in that case. You either need to define the duration in ORK's animation setup (where you defined the Mecanim animation in ORK), or use a Wait node after the animation node to wait for a bit.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I sent you a photo in the mail that you advised me
  • edited May 2019
    The images you sent looked correct, although you didn't include one for the rest of the damage dealer component's setup.

If that's also set up correctly, I'd next check if the damage dealer actually enters the damage zone of the enemy during the animation. E.g. by pausing play during the animation or showing gizmos while playing.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2019
    I solved this problem. it turned out that in my viewer prefab there was a prefab of a sword without a damage dealer. thank. Now it is interesting for me to develop the battle system. for example, I know that there is a block damage function. Is it possible to turn it on when I need it? for example, my character holds a shield in his hands, when I press the button, the shield hold animation is played, at the same time the damage block is activated. Is it possible to realize this?
    Post edited by stassteam4 on
  • You mean a damage zone on the shield blocking damage?

Hm, not automatically, but you can use a Change Fields node to change that setting on the component:
    - component name: DamageZone
    - object: select the actor/object with the shield
    - child object: you need to define the path to the shield's object, e.g. path/to/shield, separating the object names using a /
    - add a field
    - field name: blockDamage
    - field type: Bool
    - bool value: enable/disable to turn blocking on/off

Or, if you want to generally block, regardless of which damage dealer is hit, you can use a status effect that has a status condition that prevents negative changes to your HP (Change Block setting).
  • I wrote to you about the block animation
  • I made the block with a shield using the ability block. When I click on the button, the event is triggered and the block animation of the block is lost. Plus there is a script that disables other movement actions during this event. But why, before the animation of the block, the player first twitches, then quickly the Idle animation, and only then the normal animation of the block?
  • I sent you a photo by mail
  • It's hard to tell by the screenshots you sent me. It might be that a status effect (caused by the Change Status Effect node before the animation) causes an animation (e.g. via a status condition that causes damage and animates it or by overriding animations) or just by transitions happening in the animator.

Try adding a Wait node with a small wait time (e.g. 0.1 seconds) before the Mecanim Animation node.