edited May 2019 in ORK Support
I have hit another weird one.

I have an event that spawn a battle. Battles use a separate scene. The scene loads, i fight the battle, battle ends, everything works fine. However int he enclosing event that spawned the battle, if i put any kind of wait (including a wait while an object is moved, etc) the scene freezes up. Furthermore, when this happens it does not load the camera back to where it was int he stored scene, it loads it in the initial camera position.

There are no errors in the logs, I am using active time battles and the battle itself seems to work perfectly, including its end event. This is the first time I have tried resuming an event after a 'Start Battle' node.

Post edited by mattehr on
  • Yeah ... that mechanic doesn't work well with battles in another scene, as objects are being destroyed in that case.

I'd recommend splitting the event, e.g. set a bool game variable as a flag before starting the battle and use it in an Autostart event interaction as condition to start a new event, continuing after the battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok that works, thanks.

It seems like an autostart condition is only ever evaluated on scene load. This is fine but i just want to make sure I understand how it works.
  • Yes, that's what Autostart is used for.
    However, you can repeat that check by enabling Repeat Event - you'll probably want to disable Auto Destroy in the variable settings, though :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh ok cool, perfect.

Thanks for the help as always!