edited May 2019 in ORK Support
Gil, is it possible to make the use button disappeared on certain items? In my inventory, when you click on an item, a sub gui (as define in inventory -> sub menus settings) will appear, showing the item's description and the use button in the middle bottom of the gui. What I want is for certain items not to show the use button, but still show the description when I click on them. In the item setting, in the USEABLE IN setting, I tried to enable NONE, but that just make the item unclickable, thus the sub gui will not appear, showing the description.
If not, is it possible to do it some other ways?
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • If clicking on an item (i.e. accepting it) opens the sub-menu, I'd recommend setting the menu part's Default Action setting to None. This'll make items that are not useable also accessible and allows opening the sub-menu for them.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did that, and also disabled the Only For Useable and Only Available option in the submenu. For the items that has the useable in setting set to none, when I click on them, the submenu will appear, but the use button will still appear, just in inactive mode. Is there a way to not make it show up at all?
  • You need to enable Only Available in the sub-menu to add the buttons only if they can be used, otherwise it'll add the disabled buttons.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • If I enable the Only Available and set the default action to none, then the submenu will not show up for none usage item. If I click on the item which has the useable in set to none, nothing will happen. :)
  • Hm, I see what your problem is ...
    Is having a back/cancel button added to the sub-menu an option for you?
    That should display the sub-menu with just that button in any case.
  • edited May 2019
    The back button is not really needed in my case because I already enabled the close out of box click. I also tried the none button, but sadly that still show an empty button. If the back button is the closest thing to allowing the submenu to show up for nonuseable items, I'm fine with it for now :)
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • edited May 2019
    I'll add an option to allow showing an empty sub-menu (i.e. without any buttons) in the next update.
    Until then you'll need to have a cancel/back button to make it work :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • That is AWESOME :)
    Do you know when the next update will be on?
  • Sometime within the next 2-3 weeks :)
  • Sweet, will be perfect timing. Thanks!