edited June 2019 in ORK Scripting
been messing with the demo of the RPG Character Mecanim Animation Pack, looking into buying it to.... however i found a few couple of problems...
1. how to start ork animations with mecanim controler transitions?
2. also.... the controler uses camera movement for character movement.... which means an orbital camera wont work.... also it comes with one the supports it... however its more of a top down then a 3rd person....
3. side note..... how do i use the ork to makinom plugin to transfer vars? been having trouble with tht
4. all in all... basic mechenim to ork intergration for animation types and well.... i am having trouble with even tht x_x
link to Demo
Post edited by ZoeZoePixel on
  • edited June 2019
    First off! Are you asking about integrating the scripts from an Animation pack into ORK and Makinom or are you asking about how to use their animation to use in ORK and Makinom?
    From my understanding everything in that animation pack is just for showing you the animation.
    Well! You could use their scripts also. BUT see my second answer for you about that.
    Also are you new to Unity?
    Because Makinom and ORK required you to first understand the basic of Unity first. So you can understand how to use Makinom and ORK.
    Now to answer your question:
    ZoeZoePixel said: how to start ORK animations with mecanim controller transitions?
    In ORK, you can only control it via setting to setup your animation first I believe. I just try the demo of Ork and not used it so I don't know much about Event support play animation or not.
    But in Makinom you control the animation in schematic via 'Play Mecanim animation' node.
    So basically i can do anything with it to check whenever to play an animation and when not.
    ZoeZoePixel said: 2. also.... the controler uses camera movement for character movement.... which means an orbital camera wont work.... also it comes with one the supports it... however its more of a top down then a 3rd person....
    If you want to use other people asset then first ask yourself why you need it?
    Do you need it for animation? or you need it scripts for controlling the character and the camera?
    Because Makinom and ORK also can do that easily so I don't understand why you need their camera movement and character movement scripts for?
    If you want to use this for ORK and Makinom then don't use their scripts if you want to control everything, if you use their scripts then you don't have full control unless you know how to code.
    And I see that you post this in Scripting, I don't even understand why!
    ZoeZoePixel said: 3. side note..... how do i use the ork to makinom plugin to transfer vars? been having trouble with tht
    I think is pretty much self-explanatory on the Plugin page are you even scrolling down to read?
    http://makinom.com/plugins/ork-makinom-connection-plugin/
    ORK Get Variables
    This node stores ORK game variables into Makinom variables. You can use it to transfer variables from ORK Framework to Makinom.

ORK Set Variables
    This node stores Makinom variables into ORK game variables. You can use it to transfer variables from Makinom to ORK Framework.
    ZoeZoePixel said: 4. all in all... basic mechenim to ork intergration for animation types and well.... i am having trouble with even tht x_x
    I don't even know what trouble you face with the event if you want others to help then first explain it in more detail.
    Post edited by Night on
  • 1) ORK plays Mecanim animations by either setting a parameter or directly playing the state - what Mecanim does with that information is up to the animator, though.
    Check out this gamepaly tutorial for an example setup, and this awesome tutorial by Keldryn.

2) You can use any custom player/camera control you like with ORK.

3) There are event/schematic nodes for that - the Makinom Get Variables and Makinom Set Variables nodes in ORK events, the ORK Get Variables and ORK Set Variables nodes in Makinom schematics.

4) See the tutorials linked in #1 :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!