In recent times I have a problem with an attack on a player. enemy combatants approach me but do not attack. my attack range for all combatants 1. autostart battle. Boxing radius of all 1.
  • edited June 2019
    Do you get any error in your Unity console?
    Also, which ORK version and battle system type are you using?

Generally, make sure the enemy knows the attack it should use (unless it's the base attack), the ability can be used (e.g. use costs, use requirements) and targets the enemy's enemies :)
    Also, check if the battle AI of the combatant is actually using the attack.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • version 2.23.0. There are no errors in the console. I am using a real-time combat system.
  • edited June 2019
    Try increasing attack range. 1 unit isnt far at all. Just as a test make it like 5. make sure the attack ability drains a target status value in 'target changes' of the attack ability.
    If they aren't attacking then they should be "doing nothing" is that the case?

It's probably a small thing you missed, I've done real time and now active time and setting up the enemies at first can be confusing.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • edited June 2019
    excuse me please write what settings in abilities> attack me to see, i just don’t quite understand what i'm talking about, my bad english. I set the attack range to 5, but this did not help.
    Post edited by stassteam4 on
  • By the way, sometimes they strike, mainly when I change the position of the player
  • edited June 2019
    Are you using the Box Radius settings in your combatant's Prefab Settings?
    This should be used to define the radius around the combatant's position that will be used in distance calculations (e.g. to take the collider into account).

E.g. if you don't use the box radius and have a use range of 1, the range might never be reached if both combatants have a collider (e.g. a character controller) with a radius of 0.5.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2019
    I put boxing radius 2 to the opponent, and character controller radius 0.4 to the player. but it does not help.
    Post edited by stassteam4 on
  • Here I made a video under this link, flick through if my laptop slows down

https://youtu.be/cZMoDmaNrhY
  • edited June 2019
    Try having the box radius somewhat matching the prefab's radius, e.g. 0.5.
    I'm not sure how the range change would turn out when the radius differs that much from the actual radius at close distances (would result in a negative distance).

Checked your video - it's a bit hard to tell. It skipped over the combatant's battle AI settings, make sure your combatant's AI actually uses the attack.

Another thing to check would be your combatant's structure in the scene hierarchy. E.g. if the combatant's prefab is set up in a way that moves a child object and the real root stays at the same position, it would mess up the distance checks (as it'd check with the wront position). There's the Child As Root setting to compensate for this.
  • I just put the evil pants in the prefab in the combatant. changed only the animation to legasy and he began to attack me. Does it come out in the prefab settings? but what did I do wrong? I even copied the character controller
  • Hm, yeah, there's probably something up with your prefab ...

If you could export your prefab (in Unity) and send it to contact@orkframework.com I can check it out :)
  • edited June 2019
    From what i can see is that the combatant isn't triggering the attack command.
    Here's what I look for when troubleshooting :

1. He is not in range
    2. He is not in combat
    3. He doesn't know how
    4. He is attacking but not triggering his animation/battle event.

Hey, but I see the problem. You have 3 battle events that all have a 100% chance of playing. Battle event 0 has a "None" event, meaning it has a 100% chance of doing nothing when this ability is triggered.
    Remove that one, and if you want multiple battle events you need to make sure their percentages add up to 100%. So if you have 2 and want equal chances, it would be 50% and 50%.

See Below :
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale