edited May 2014 in ORK Support
I'm aiming for a game with a kind of Persona feel and I want to design specific menu assets that I don't think I can achieve with GUISkins. I'm pretty new to the technical side of game development and Unity so this may be a silly question. Any help, suggestions, or feedback would be appreciated!
  • Since ORK uses Unity's GUI system, you need to use GUISkins, otherwise it will fall back to a default skin.
    If you want to have stuff like animated GUIs, you'll have to wait for support for the new GUI coming in Unity 4.6 - or implement one of the other GUI systems out there :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh I see so I can just make a custom one and still link it the lets say, a town scene and it wouldn't cause problems? I may do something like this if I can.
  • You can't really link it directly to a scene.
    In ORK Framework, GUI elements (e.g. a dialogue, menu or HUD) are displayed using GUI Boxes (settings defined in ORK that handle the position and look of the GUI). The GUI boxes use GUISkins for their looks - you can define a default skin in Menus > Menu Settings that is used by all GUI boxes, and each GUI box can individually override the default skin.
    So, if you want to use other looks in scenes, you'll have to use other GUI boxes for events in those scenes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!