Good day! I have a problem. I put a player on the event of recovering Stamina. And after that, the player starts to play badly the attack animation. Sometimes he slows it down, sometimes he does not play completely, sometimes he does not play at all a little bit twitching. But as soon as I delete this event, everything goes as it should and the animation immediately plays well. I shot a short video to make it easier for you to understand.

https://youtu.be/O2ksSobKhX4
  • Try adding a Check Status node to check if the effect is already applied before applying it. Might be that the status effect triggers an animation (or reset of animations).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2019

this method did not help
    Post edited by stassteam4 on
  • Based on your screenshot you're doing the wrong check - you should check if the status effect is already applied.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2019
    image 1

this method does not work
    Post edited by stassteam4 on
  • The Check Status node needs to be before the Change Status Effect node.

The goal is to prevent adding the effect again in case it's already applied, as this might be the cause for canceling your animation.
  • image 1

I’m just sorting out a few methods, but it doesn't help
  • edited July 2019
    Wouldn't be easier to have a status effect recover X stamina every X seconds, instead of an event?
    Why do you need the event?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale

• everything is simple. logically, when we run we get tired. We run at a certain speed. Therefore, I check the speed of the combatant and the event works to reduce stamina. When we stop we rest, I also check the combatant for speed if it is less than the speed of the run we rest.
  • The Wait after Check Status failed should connect back to Check Combatant Speed, but that's not the issue.

I think I'll need a Unity test project with your setup where this happens, so that I can investigate where the animation issue is coming from.
  • well, it is 15 gigabytes in size, I will break it with the archive and throw off links for you, so it’s convenient for you?
  • Could you scale it down a bit?
    I'd just need a scene with your player and an enemy, so you don't need to include all the assets you have in your project :)
  • sent you my project to your mail
  • I'll look into it, but can't promise I'll be able to do it this week.
  • I will wait, although I would like to start working on the game as soon as possible
  • Well, you can continue working on your game, just don't use that custom status effect system for now :)