edited August 2019 in ORK Support
I'm trying to find a way for a combatant to do a not combat stealth check of the player whenever they are in view. I know you can set the move AI to check for targets with raycast sight, but how do I make a game event fire off from the player being seen?

My mission NPC's are using game events to handle their schedule, which I want the stealth check to halt/pause and play the "caught" event instead.

I had a cube with an event interaction parented to the NPC that would check if the player was X distance from it, but that was really rough and the player would get caught even when hiding.. Could I somehow just do a raycast from the NPC to the player to make this method work?

I see that there is a Raycast object node, but I'm not quite sure I understand what it's doing. It fires a ray from a target, but it doesn't seem to let you specify what the rays aiming for?
Post edited by Wrofir on
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • I'd recommend using Makinom for this - it's schematic system is way more flexible in that regard and offers more raycasting functionality.

It's available for free and can be connected with ORK via a plugin :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2019
    I was wondering about that! Makinom also has some multiplayer stuff too.. lol hmm

Edit :
    I do have a question with Check MoveAI Target.
    I can't seem to have the event recognize that the user is targeting the player. Even when I can directly check the combatant and the move AI is set to the player..

My goal here is that if the player is the target, that means the MoveAI parameters were met, IE the player was seen and so the "seen" event can play, it checks every second if the clone of the combatant sees the clone of the player, but no matter how I try to set it up it doesn't seem to work.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • edited August 2019

Here's a screenshot. I highlighted Move AI is hunting on accident, I see what that's for now, but it's similar to the MoveAI target settings.

"Is move AI target" is the one I need to work, but doesn't.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • There actually is no Check Move AI Target node - there's only the Clear Move AI Target node to remove the target and return to idle mode...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well "Is move AI target" node not a check?
    Miuratale
  • edited August 2019
    Okay I have an acceptable alternative for now.
    Essentially have the detector combatants start combat (overriding my usual settings) when the player is seen, and then these combatants can have specific battle AI to play out when the player is caught. So it'll give the player a chance to kill them before they report the player.

I don't think thats 100% how I'd like to handle it, because these are non-combat NPC's, but I think it'll work out.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • Ah, yeah, was so focused on the 'check' that I overlooked the 'is' node :D
    Found the issue - it currently only works if fleeing is enabled in the move AI's settings, will be fixed in the next update.
  • Nice!
    Miuratale