SK1SK1
edited August 2019 in ORK Support
Activate Time Battle: How does the player automatically run to other cells after the player attacks the enemy?

Activate Time Battle: How does the enemy automatically run to other cells after the enemy attacks the player?

Post edited by SK1 on
  • Could you elaborate on the question? Do you want enemy to move somewhere or is your enemy moving somewhere and you want to stop this behavior?
    Anyway, both issues are probably solved through Battle AI.
    http://orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/battle-ai/
    http://orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/grid-battles-part-4/
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2019
    The combat AI only works when the player is controlled by the AI.
    What I want is: Player is not AI control. After the attack is completed, The player automatically runs to other cells, and the player can also choose the attack command when the next round of attack begins.
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • I think you'll have to make it part of attack battle event.
    If what you are looking for is behavior where player is in a cell before the attack, they run towards enemy during the attack and run back to their own cell after the attack. You can remember player cell before the attack, and after the attack move player to saved cell position.
  • Hello, thank you for your answer. What I want is this way of moving. What should I do?

• This setting, why the player does not move to the target cell?

• edited August 2019
    Grandia 3? :D
    I'm highly inspired by the first Grandia and my combat system is somewhat similar.
    I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out. I'm wondering if the grid system is even the right way to go about it. (VS active time + move AI's)
    Grandia 1 was on a grid system, but I don't know if they continued to do so with G2-G3.

Basically, they move-to and attack without needing a move command. You chooes the target and the combatants move automatically to the opponent, if they don't reach the combatant in X seconds they time-out and lose their turn.

When you try it right now, does nothing happen?
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • To move to a cell after the attack, you need to first use a Store Grid Cells node using the Path store cells selection. This stores a path to the defined cell as found objects.
    Next, use a Set Grid Path node to set the path stored in the found objects as the action's grid path.

Afterwards, just use your regular grid move battle events, since the action has a grid path it'd just move along it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

I added it to the attack animation and it won't move to the enemy's target position. How can I work?
  • Make sure the actual movement is handled like e.g. in the grid battle tutorials.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Can you elaborate on the usefulness of each part of the grid battle? After 3 days of experimentation, I simply can't understand the principle of this. I can't tell which ones are used for path finding, which ones are used for mobile, and which ones are storage networks. Grid. Using a module alone, he does not execute. The description of the module is also very simple, there is no clear use of the grid war module.
  • The grid battle system is for, well, creating grid battles and everything needed for that. Moving on the grid, grid use ranges, etc.
    E.g. think of games like Final Fantasy Tactics, the Disgaea series or Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. The grid battle system is there to make games like those possible.

It's not useful if you only want to use it for pathfinding/navigation in a battle, there are other, better solutions for this. E.g. using Unity's NavMesh or any 3rd party pathfinding solution (which might need some custom scripting or an event node to use it in battle events).
  • SK1SK1
    edited August 2019

Gamingislove is very grateful, finally solved the problem, and finally set this up.

I use [Search Objects], find the cell, find all the cells, then save as [path], and randomly run to the saved cell object after the attack is completed.
    Post edited by SK1 on