edited August 2019 in ORK Support
So, I've followed the tutorial on the automatic doors. The only thing I changed was to move on the z axis instead of the y. My jail gate won't open, though. :( All of my scenes have mostly been outdoors and using scene changers, so I haven't needed opening doors. Until now. Lol.
Post edited by Sierota1701 on
  • Maybe its hitting a mesh/box collider on the wall its going into. I got it working like a normal door by making a hinge game object. I first tested different types of doors in a test scene with just a plane and nothing else around it, as usual its a bit of trial and error
  • So I'm having a weird issue where the collider moves, but the renderer doesn't? So the door "opens" and you can walk through it, but it's only the collider that moves. Super bizarre.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • edited August 2019
    @Wrofir I think I might be having the same issue. I can walk right through the door but it doesn't move. @Dreamwalker23 I'll try your method with the test scene tonight. Thanks!:)
    Post edited by Sierota1701 on
  • edited August 2019
    I'd like to bump this thread. It's not just you guys - it's happened to me in random scenes and happening RIGHT now and I'm not sure what's wrong lol.

Post edited by PBoTG on
  • edited August 2019
    I once had a similar issue as you guys. Exit play mode, on the mesh in the inspector, check the Mesh section to see if, instead of having your game object's mesh, it has Combine Mesh. If it does, change it back to your game object's mesh.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Remove the static flag from the object. Static objects won't move.
  • Ah, that's probably it. I set most of the scene to static for navigation.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • I love it when everyone helps each other :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!