I've set up my joystick using the control-type HUD. I've toyed with the settings and looked at a couple posts on here about the joystick. My problem is the joystick is extremely unresponsive, and my player won't walk left. The stick works somewhat okay in the editor, but on mobile, it does hardly anything. Anyone have a really good setup for their joystick? In the editor, no matter the distance to center, I basically have to drag all the way off the screen to get any movement. Thanks!! :)
  • Can you post your settings of your HUD element for the joystick?
    Also, is it positioned correctly on your mobile screen?

Might be that the UI is misplaced, cutting off the left side of the control.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2019
    Got the setup.
    Post edited by Sierota1701 on

@gamingislove This is the actual setup I have. It's placed in the center bottom of the screen.
  • I'd say the problem you're having is mostly due to the relation between the Axis Center and Maximum Distance setting.

The maximum distance defines at which distance to the center the axis input is 'full', i.e. 1. If your axis center is at X=50 and your maximum distance is 100, full input for moving left is reached at -50, so outside of your actual element (or GUI box).
    If your center is at 50/50, you should make the maximum distance 50 or smaller.

Also, if you want the image for the input centered at the axis center (i.e. the center of the image being at the axis center), make the X value at -width/2 and the Y value at -height/2 - i.e. for 100 it'd be -50.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks @gamingislove. Much appreciated! It's a little better, but the drag distance still seems off. How can I go about making the stick immediately start moving my character? Like, as soon as the joystick is even slightly moved to a direction, the character begins to move. I made my character have one speed, which is run, as well. :)
  • Well, the input value for the virtual control goes from 0 to 1 (or -1) like physical joystick, so a slight move will only result in a small input value (e.g. 0.1).

If you want to change that, I'd say it's best to do this in your input key's settings.
    The Axis Factor can be used to manipulate the input value, e.g. changing it to 10 will multiply your input by 10 - you could even increase it to 100 or more to make sure it's immediately full input.
    I'd recommend to also use the Limit Axis option to limit the input value between -1 and 1 to retain normal input. Otherwise you might end up with an input of 100 and your character zooms through the level at light speed :D
  • Thanks a lot @gamingislove! Excellent support, as always! :)