Hi, I need help about using the new UI. I think can modify the trim or colour and things, but I can't find how to make a slider more rounded. I changed the trim but it seems doesn't work or at least I don't really understand it either.. Any guide to make new UI works in ORK? I follow the tutorial and how to but both of them seems pretty basic stuff. Is there any way to make a HUD Health Slider to more rounded like in World of Warcraft Enemy HUD? it seems stuck with the box (rectangular shape).

Also is it possible to make a panel with specific position like talent window in vanilla World of Warcraft type? it contains a series of icons with arrow / line connected to other icon?

Thank you very much.
  • ORK uses prefabs to create the new UI, i.e. how it looks is up to the prefabs. The HUD value bars (e.g. for health) use images, i.e. if you want them to look a certain way, you need to create an image to look like that.

Something like a skill tree is currently not available in the UI out of the box, but you can create your own UI to achieve this. Requires custom scripting, though :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay thank you I will try things for the prefabs.

I see, after I read more I think it's not that hard either to custom script just need to get data from ORK data base. I just wish there is simpler way to achieve this through ork like integrated one. Thanks GIL.
  • I tried to change the image on the slider prefab, but I found nothing changed. Can someone give me more detail how to change it? and which option should I change? I tried override slider prefab on Individual HUD GUI Box, but still nothing happen.
  • The health bars don't use a slider, they just display the images that are defined by the value bar (e.g. in your HP status value).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • how can I get the data with script? I want to make HUD Bar my own for a purpose (such as showed only for damaged combatant)
  • You need to have the instance of the combatant to access it.

For the display value (in case you're using count to value settings):
    int health = combatant.Status[index].GetDisplayValue();
    Or the actual value:
    int health = combatant.Status[index].GetValue();
    index is the ID/index of the status value, combatant the instance of the combatant.

See this how-to for getting the combatant of a game object.
  • I have another question how can I detect by script wether MenuScreen is open or not?, I want to try to change my custom cursor when menu is open, I tried to find IsMenuOpen but I can't get there by script. Help please? thank you
  • You can check it via:
    if(ORK.Menu.IsMenuOpen(index))
    index is the ID/index of the menu screen.
  • edited September 2019
    You can also call events when menu screen opens or closes.
    I have dummy blank menus in ORK, which call game events where I have custom nodes that open or close my actual menus. Which is a neat way to make use of ORK's input system and menu requirements (In Battle/Control Blocked etc.) to control your custom menus.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • GIL if a skill tree is not available in the UI, could I please request that you make one in a future update? Every good RPG has a skill tree :-)
  • @gamingislove yes I tried that but couldn't find it, I mean it's still error. I think I am missing a library but which one is it? my version is 2.17, is this the problem? but I read the update log I don't think it is. There is only an option for ".IsMenuUser()"

@hellwalker I am sorry, I am a newbie, but do you mean your actual menus are build with Unity UI? If you do this, do you integrate the uGUI and ORK Data manually with your script?
  • @ledx Yep, Unity data and custom integration.
    The way I described you can use ORK to control custom UI Windows.
  • @ledx
    Might be that this was added in later versions. Another option would be this, although I'm also not sure if it was available in ORK 2.17.0:
    if(ORK.MenuScreens.Get(index).Status == MenuStatus.Opened)
    Again, index is the ID/index of the menu screen.
  • @hellwalker I think I understand, I will try it and see which one suits me better. Thank you very much

@gamingislove That's what I miss. It's ok I am planning to upgrade ORK when the project is almost complete due to one year subscription system. I will do the rest first and finish this problem after I update. Thank you GIL