Is it possible for non-consumable Stats altered by Status Conditions to retain their altered values after a status effect has ended?
  • No, they're removed when the status effect is removed. If you want to add permanent bonuses, you can do that via the event system instead. The Change Status Value node used on Normal status values will add/remove the value permanently.

The next update will add some game event options to status effects, e.g. using a game event on apply/remove of the effect.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's unfortunate. Can an attached event be set to trigger every time a certain stat changes rather than just setting it to run automatically and loop every 'x' seconds?
  • The next update will add a lot of game event features, beside status effects (where events can be used similar to the current status conditions), you can also use game events for ability/item calculations and on status value changes.

If you can give me more details on your use case I might be able to give you better advice :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • One thing I would like to use status effects for is applying random bonuses to certain Stats based on the changes of others. Another consideration is that it would be nice for certain Status Effects to cause incremental damage to non-consumable stats which remains even after the effect ends. I'm excited to hear about your plans for the next update, though.
    Just be careful not to make ORK into the next Skynet.
  • It'll only be the next Skynet if you'll use it that way :D

I think both your use cases should be possible with the next update. Since you'll be able to use game events on status value changes and status effects, you can just change status values permanent in there.
  • Yes, I'll certainly try my best not to destroy the world with my game. No promises. Incidentally, I'm curious whether this update will include additional options for the inventory system.

I'd also like to mention in this thread, since it pertains to Status Effects, that there may be a tiny bug in the way consumables are tracked as a percent. I've noticed that certain Status Effects, which I've set to trigger automatically after a consumable stat falls below its maximum value, will pop up despite the consumable being maxed out. It seems to happen randomly during test runs. I'm not actually sure why this occurs, but I was thinking it might be useful, in any event, if we could set the starting value of our consumables to the maximum value of whichever they're pegged to rather than a set value or percentage.

• I'll check it out - however, you can already set the start value of your consumable status values.
    Set the Start Value to 100 and Set In to Percent in the status value's settings.

Also, might it be that the status effect is applied by some other action, e.g. an ability or item being used?
  • "I'll check it out - however, you can already set the start value of your consumable status values.
    Set the Start Value to 100 and Set In to Percent in the status value's settings."

That's how I've set them up. Obviously, 100 percent should generate the same as a flat integer value, but maybe there's an invisible decimal in there somewhere that the game notes for a split instant but doesn't reveal. The Status Effect being auto launched says that the Max value and its Consumable are different somehow, even though the values are shown everywhere to be the same. I was thinking, because the Status Effect triggers randomly during play based on a stat that I haven't set up to be effected by anything, that something might be causing a momentary fluctuation in the Consumable value that generates a Float, Double or Decimal but instantly corrects it back to an integer. Maybe there's a split fraction of a second were the game is able to read the actual value of either the Max's or its Consumable's value prior to its being rounded to an integer.