it would be great to keep a weight system in inventory. He has many strategies focused on this. Well, for example, so that weight influences characteristics, for example, speed? Does the developer have any ideas on this?
  • Check out the Inventory Space functionality - each item/equipment has an this setting, and the inventory can optionally limit the space (Inventory > Inventory Settings). Instead of weight it just named space :)

The occupied space of a combatant's inventory can be used in formulas via the Inventory Space node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Item Variables will also let you do this. I did it by first creating a 'Weight' Stat (several, actually, for unit conversions) and giving all of my items a variable named 'Item_Weight'. Then I linked them inside my 'Weight' stat's combined value formula via selected data.

I recommend pegging your weight system to a small unit of measure, such as grams rather than pounds, to keep it as an easily scalable integer. You can display it in pounds, or anything you like, by creating another formula to divide and then round the value.
  • please help write a formula to reduce the speed of the character depending on the Inventory space. For example, if the weight exceeds 100, then a decrease in speed is disabled. I just don’t see in the formula how to reduce the speed and how to check the total weight of objects?
  • edited September 2019
    Ok, provided you use ORK's own space mechanic for weight.
    #1) create a formula to calculate current space and cap it at 100 if above 100. Name it something like Weight or WeightFactor
    #2)
    Then create status value called Speed.
    #3)
    Create a new formula "SpeedFinal" where you take status value "Speed" and modify it by formula value of "Weight"

#4) Go to combatant Speed settings and use formula as value.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • but there are text codes of the player’s total weight at the moment and the limit value?
  • edited September 2019
    Text codes have nothing to do with formulas - they're just used to display information in texts (e.g. in a HUD or dialogue). If you want to use the value in your formula to calculate something (e.g. influencing the move speed), you need to use the Inventory Space node as @hellwalker explained so nicely :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • no, I just would like to display in the info menu information on how much weight the player carries, this is very useful information
  • Same, is there a way to display that via HUD?
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • edited September 2019
    Yes - since that information is bound to a combatant, it's available in Combatant HUDs via the Inventory Space HUD element type. Can display the information as text or a value bar :)

In menu screens, the Combatant menu part can display those HUD elements as well.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • why the equipment that I initially give my player through combatant> equipment does not go to the total amount of the character’s weight, for example, I have a sword weighing 3, and the item is a potion weighing 1, the screen says that the total weight is 1
  • Only stuff in the inventory will be counted toward the inventory weight/space - equipped weapons/armors are not in the inventory and not included there.
  • Yes, but after all, things are on the player and are in his inventory, it seems logical to me that they are taken into account in the total weight?
  • edited September 2019
    I think it'd be easy to set up the equipped items to add a negative bonus to weight (In the items Custom Bonus section), thus emulating the weight of that item by dropping your maximum weight by X amount.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale
  • and in truth it can be done, but if we throw things out of the inventory, then this minus will remain. in general, we transfer these items, which means they retain their weight, why do they jerk when equipped?
  • edited September 2019
    I think things in custom bonus only remain while equipped.
    If you un-equip the item it will put your weight back.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale