edited October 2019 in ORK Scripting
Hi again,

So, I'm making a Phase combat and, when I click on an ability in a Shortcut menu, I display a Combatant Selection dialogue to select which combatant I want to target. In Battle Systems/Target Settings, I use a Target Information Dialogue to display the stats of the target my mouse pointer hovers over in the Combatant Selection dialogue.

My issue is that I use a kind of a "Health Diagram" which shows how different body parts of a character are wounded and I need to update this image when the player is hovering over a combatant in the Combatant Selection dialogue. The diagram itself is separate from ORK and in my script, I only need to specify the Combatant that is displayed in the Target Information dialogue to make the diagram update.

I'd like to know how I can get to this within a C# script... Is it possible?
Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • I think this should get you the combatant the cursor is currently over:
    ORK.Battle.CursorOverCombatant
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2019
    Thanks GLL! However, CursorOverCombatant just gives me the combatant my cursor is over in the camera view, not the combatant that my cursor is over in the Combatant Selection HUD displayed by the Battle Menu after I select an ability.

When I have my cursor over the Combatant choice in the Combatant Selection HUD, it automatically displays a Target Information Dialogue which shows information about the combatant I have the cursor over. This is this combatant that I need...
    Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • Ah, sorry, I thought that was what you where talking about :)

I don't think this is currently accessible, but I'll make it available in the next update. You'll be able to access the selected targets via:
    combatant.Battle.BattleMenu.TargetHighlight.SelectedTargets
    It's a List that contains all currently selected targets.

The available targets are already accessible via:
    combatant.Battle.BattleMenu.TargetHighlight.AvailableTargets
    In both cases, combatant is the combatant you want to access.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Super! That’s great! Will that also return the combatant the cursor is on in the camera view? Right now, the Target info dialogue updates when I hover over the Combatant Selection dialogue as well as when I hover over the combatant game object.

I can also check both ORK.Battle.CursorOverCombatant and combatant.Battle.BattleMenu.TargetHighlight.SelectedTargets.
  • This returns the targets that are selected via the target menu, which are the targets that have the (optional) cursor placed on them.