Is there a way to change the camera control type on a scene by scene basis? (or within a given scene.) Like, for example, using the "Mouse" camera control type most of the time as default, but then transferring to the "Look" control type in tight indoor spaces, and top down boarder on occasions (possibly even have a button that the player can press during combat to "pause" the game and switch to top down boarder)?
  • You can prevent ORK from adding a camera control component by adding a No Camera Control component to the camera.
    Now, all you need to do is set up the control component you want on the camera :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • like via a add control component node in an event using the name of the control component that ork would have added? (e.g. "Touch Camera (Script)" or "Collision Camera (Script)"?)
  • You have to use the name of the class, not what's displayed in the inspector, e.g. TouchCamera or TopDownBorderCamera.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm having trouble adding the script to the main camera. I used search objects to add the main camera to the found objects so that I could target it with add control component. I searched by tag for the MainCamera tag. And used the same value for the key and the add componant is adding TouchCamera, as you pointed out. I put all of this in the start event. When I turn on the game and start a new game the camera doesn't get the control script.
  • edited October 2019
    Ah, no, you add the camera control in your scene view, not via an event :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • So. I'm having a problem where the script carries over from some scenes into others but not vice versa. In the first scene that gets loaded I have it set up to use TouchCamera, in the next scene I have it set up to use TopDownBorderCamera. The TouchCamera script stays on the camera from the first scene to the second, but the TopDownBorderCamera does not stay on from the second scene to the first. Any ideas why that might be happening?
  • Nevermind. I found the problem. I'd forgotten to turn the camera control options in the ORK Framework to "none." Silly mistake.
  • Ok. Related question. Is there a way to apply a slight offset to the camera?
    To be more specific: using a Mouse Camera control type you can set a child object of the player as the point the camera is placed facing and which it will rotate around. The camera will then be the selected distance away from that point, facing that point, and will rotate around that point. Is there a way to get it to face .5 units to the camera's right of that point, in order to get it so that the player is on the left side of the screen no matter how the camera rotates around them, instead of in the center of the screen?
    I know you can shift the child object that it's pointed at to the side slightly, but then the camera will be rotating around a point to the characters side and will jump around as the character rotates.
  • No, I don't think there is - you'd probably have to use a custom control for that.
  • Okay. I thought that might be the case. Thank you!
  • I'll look into adding a screen offset option, shouldn't be too hard to do :)
  • That's awesome! Thank you!