• Thanks! I forgot to mention, the Unity Version is 2018.4.7f1 and ORK 2.26.0
  • edited October 2019
    This bug may have been around a long time, but I'm finally just realizing what causes it.

When using Change Position, it seems that the SCALE of the object being moved seems to multiply the distance being moved.

For example:

- I locally Change Position (over time, Ease InOut) on an object with (1,1,1) scale.

- I move it by -4.

- It moves correctly.

=============

- I locally Change Position (over time, Ease InOut) on an object with (6,6,1) scale.

- I move it by -4.

- It moves far beyond the -4 I have set it to move as.

----------

I remember Change Position always being somewhat weirdly inconsistent sometimes; I wasn't sure if it was a Parent/child issue or something. But this does seem to be the cause!
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb
    Hm, yeah ... moving in local space is also affected by scale (as Unity's TransformPoint function used for this is using scale). I'll add an option to do this unscaled :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Updated to 2.27 using Unity 2019.2.10f1.
    Something seems to have gone wrong/
    Using real time battles the damage between combatants is still calculated correctly, but the gains are not distributed. Status bonus like EXP are never given, items will be given but only if they are set to drop.
    Any ideas where I messed up here?
  • Hm ... by any chance, are you using Real Time Battle Areas with immediate collection?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes/

>I'm using a whole scene real time battle area and real time battles are set to collect immediately. Even if I uncheck the immediate collection no gains are given when leaving the scene.

>I tried adding EXP as a user change for my attacks and it will give EXP and level properly that way so I mean the EXP itself is working properly.

>I thought maybe it wasn't calculating the combatants involved but like I said the damage changes properly according to the combatants levels and such so that can't be it.

>I also thought since all of my attacks are loosely based off of that simple realtime fireball attack maybe it had something to do with that system being changed in some way so that it wasn't properly identifying the combatants involved, but killing combatants with a regular target selection attack gives the same result. Also EXP given to both killer and whole party results in the same thing.

>It also seems to be initializing my characters at lvl 1..reading as lvl 1 but with lvl 2 stats. Which is kind of odd.

>It was working before but I've since updated both unity and ORK. I'm not having any other issues from it so I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple and not going to have to roll back a couple builds. Starting to look a lot like update regrets tho. haha.

• Ok, so digging in the direction you mentioned,.

Doing this.
    Then setting it to a limited area real time battle arena.
    Leaving the collider's bounds does in fact give me the proper EXP. Hm.
  • edited November 2019
    It's a bug with the new loot dialogue settings for different battle outcomes - forgot to also include immediate collection, sorry :)

Will be fixed in the next update, bugfix version ORK 2.27.1 will be released later this week.
    In case you need it earlier, I can send you a beta version if you send me your order/invoice number to contact@orkframework.com.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • OK, awesome. That's a relief. I can wait for the next release.
    Thanks for the help and quick response.
    FIXED
    Works perfect man.
    Having a developer address an issue within the day and release a patch within days is amazing.
    Thanks for actually giving a damn.
    ~Muchas gracias amigo.
  • edited December 2019
    Hi, just imported ORK 2.27.1 and most of my game and battle events look like this now. Some of them still have their nodes and some of them their nodes are just all gone: image
    Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • Do you get anything in the Unity console?
    Things that could cause that are:
    - wrong ORK version for your Unity version (check that in Editor > About)
    - you have a custom node that's no longer working
  • Tried again and made sure it was the right unity version. image Didn't see anything in the unity console. Not using custom nodes either. Might try using unity 2018 version next.
  • edited December 2019
    What Unity version are you using - and what ORK version where you updating from?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited December 2019
    Unity version is 2017 4.27f1. Updating from ORK 2.24.1. I wouldn't mind sending you the project or anything you need if we can't solve this. Maybe if I tried updating to ORK versions before 2.27.1 first to see if the same problem happens?

Edit: Just tired Updating the project to Unity 2018 and both ORK and Makinom look like this now.
    imageimage
    Got these errors in the console:
    imageimage
    Post edited by FreedTerror on