How can I use the shortname for the battle info text of abilities?

I mean without overriding them all and having custom text set for each one.
  • Hm, I don't think that's currently supported in the info texts - I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok thanks!

Another related question. When I have a battlte info notification show up, lets say it shows for 3s. I cant see any way to control the way it is being removed from view.

I would like to animate its remove from screen but I am not sure how to control that with ORK managing the lifecycle of the box.
  • That's set up in the GUI box you're using - the Open Box Behaviour handles fading/moving in, the Close Box Behaviour fading/moving out.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • But I am using custom animations that arent really captured by those. Would it be possible to use a custom move event for these?
  • This is another one, but sort of related. So I have a battle menu user highlight cursor, and a target selection cursor, now when i am selecting from the user battle menu I want the user highlight to show, but when I am selecting a target, i want it hidden. Not sure if there is a way I can do this..
  • The battle menu's user highlight is currently displayed during the whole selection process, so you can't remove it during target selection.

As for your custom animations - you're using the new UI and have some animation stuff attached to the prefab of the GUI box, correct?
    It might be a bit tricky, but you should be able to do this with a custom component. The parent game object of the content box will have a GUIBoxComponent component attached, which has the property GUIBox. This gives you access to the internal instance handling the GUI box, where you can check IsClosing if the GUI box is closing.
    You'd have to use something in the Close Box Behaviour to have an actual closing time and not immediately closing the GUI box, though.
  • Ok, I can work with that.

With regards to the User Highlight. Would it be possible to get a toggle to hide it during target selection in a future update?

I worry about custom component here as it would be a bit of a mess to determine if i am pointing at a player gorup combatant, and if the target selection is happening, then hide, otherwise display.
  • I'll look into that :)
  • confirmed works