In a grid based combat system, how could we make an attack made from behind a unit do more damage that from the front? Like in Final Fantasy Tactics.

I want to add a Sneak Attack ability to a Rogue class that allows it to make a certain amount of extra damage (goes up at certain levels) when it attacks an enemy from behind once per turn. How could I go about this?
  • If it's only for doing more damage, set that up in the formula used for the status change, e.g. using a Check Orientation node.

If you want the ability only to be used when being in the back of a target, set that up in the ability's Orientation Requirements (in the Target Settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks so much! I should have figured something like this would already be included in the engine haha