I am currently developing a PlayStation4 game using the ORK framework.
The PlayStation guidelines tell me that LoadingScreen uses animation instead of still images. Is it possible to achieve this with ORK?

By the way, I referred to the following but I could not understand.
http://faq.rpg-kit.com/discussion/759/loading-screen
  • I'd say the best way to do this is using a custom/3rd party loading screen asset and connect it with ORK via the Unity Wrapper functionality.

You can set that up in ORK in Game > Game Settings > Untiy Wrapper (at the bottom of the settings). Enabling Use Custom Load Scene alows you to define the class and function to call for custom scene loads.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2019
    I understand.
    For example, can i merge the following assets?
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/loading-screen-59069

If possible, I would like to know if it can be used before purchasing.
    Post edited by shinanoishiguro2 on
  • Since I don't have that asset, I can't 100% guarentee it (and also couldn't find any documentation for it on their website).

I'd say it should work, but you might need a small script to connect ORK and the asset if it doesn't have a function that can be called by ORK directly.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I would also like to know how to implement a load screen, I have this asset:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/advanced-loading-screen-135956

It does have documentation, but I do not understand how the wrapper thing works
  • edited November 2019
    Should work with this:

using UnityEngine;
    using ORKFramework;
    using RealSoftGames.AdvancedLoadingScreen;
    using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;

public static class LoadWrapper
    {
    public static void LoadScene(string sceneName, LoadSceneMode mode)
    {
    AdvancedLoadingScreen.instance.LoadLevel(sceneName);
    }
    }

Following setup in the ORK editor in Game > Game Settings > Unity Wrapper:
    - Use Custom Load Scene: enable
    - Class Name: LoadWrapper
    - Load Scene Function: LoadScene
    - Load Scene Async Function: LoadScene
    Since it doesn't seem to support a separate call for async loading it's the same function as for normal scene loading :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thank you, will give it a go when I get home from work
  • Thank you for the answer!
    I tried to implement "LoadWrapper.cs" using the same asset for Dreamwalker23, but the following error is displayed.
    Where do you think this is a problem?

Assets\Editor\LoadWrapper.cs(7,52): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'LoadSceneMode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
  • Forgot to add:
    using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;

Updated the code above :)
  • Thank you!
    The script worked fine!
  • edited January 2020
    I may be a complete idiot here but I was hoping for some help.

I've used the AdvancedLoadingScreen asset and the wrapper by gamingislove. I've set up the wrapper under Game > Game Settings > Unity Wrapper. I have a button on my Main Menu that fire's off OnClick() ORK.Game.NewGame(true); I've attached one of the default template loading prefabs to the main menu scene. I can hear it play as it transitions on OnClick() but the screen stays black till it fades in to the new game scene. If I then move between scenes in the game world (Beteen Town and Field for example) the loading prefab shows and works.
    Post edited by Talairina on
    Legends of Thamia - Coming soon to Android.
  • Hm, ORK definitely calls loading the new game scene via the wrapper when using that code - maybe AdvancedLoadingScreen isn't yet ready/set up at that stage?
  • I figured I'd record a video to quickly show you what I mean although I think you already have that figured out. https://youtu.be/KkTfjUNbqIM
  • Ah, you mean that it's loading the wrong scene?

If you pass on true to ORK.Game.NewGame, it'll load whatever scene you've defined in Menus > Main Menu in the Main Menu Scene setting.
    So, either change the scene name there, or pass on false to not load a scene (and do that any other way you want).
  • It's loading the correct scene. Its going to the town.

I mean you can see the loading screen between transitions from Town to Field however on the New Game button, you can hear the loading scene but not see it. Sorry I was hoping the video would make it easier to explain and it turn's out it cause confusion.
  • I think I know what the issue is - make sure to disable screen fading (out and in) in Menus > Main Menu (and also in Menus > Save Game Menu for load game transitions).