Hi GiL,

I fairly remember, we used to talk about an option that the project assets in Game Start settings and Load Project could be in a form of Asset Bundles too. In that way, we wouldn't have to rebuild whole project during small changes and we could just re-write the asset bundle like a patcher.

Checked later versions but didn't find that feature yet. Is it still not implemented? Can we do something to help? :)
  • No, that's not yet available - I also forgot about it :D

Will look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok thanks, message me, if you need any help :)
  • Just wanted to let you know that this'll be in the next updates of ORK and Makinom :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Lovely, can't wait for the next update!
  • Small addition to that - in order for this to work, the assets used in the ORK project will either have to be part of the same asset bundle, or be also set up as asset bundles (in the asset source selections in ORK).
    Otherwise the project loaded from the asset bundle will have no way of finding the assets (e.g. audio clips, prefabs, etc.).
  • edited January 2020
    Well, that's actually a huge addition...so all HUD/Menu textures, buttons, New UI pictures, basically whole project will have to be in asset bundles?

What about Events (interaction, autostart) included in prefabs?

Thing is, prefabs and materials don't work in asset bundles, as they cause Unity to lose textures and so on...so we only use .blend files + all textures in asset bundles which work.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • That's how asset bundles work and there's nothing I can do about that.
  • In that case, we'll try on how it will work. So events too? :)
  • Well, basically every asset that is added to the project via reference - if the asset isn't part of the same asset bundle, the reference to that asset will be lost when exported in a build.

Just putting them all into another asset bundle and switching them out in ORK (can be done with a button press in Game > Game Settings > Asset Settings) would solve that. And you can distribute that bundle with your game anyway :)