The first development report of 2020 is (publicly) available on Patreon.

Read more about the latest ORK features, news on Makinom 2's development and more :)
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Cell connection sounds cool. Could it be used to create covers, like if there is a block movement on the path of a projectile I could use that to decrease chance of hit?
  • edited January 2020
    I don't think so. But, I had an idea about using cell events to achieve that though I have not tried it out yet.

You could set up cells to add status effects defining the possible cover directions. Like North, East, West, South. And when you walk into a cell one or several of these get added to the actor.

Then in the battle event or a formula, you could check what direction the attacker/cover combatants are in relation to each other and if cover combatant has the appropriate cover defense status effects.

Although now looking at cell event trigger types there is no cell exit event? @gamingislove ?
    To remove these status effects when cell is exited.

Post edited by hellwalker on
  • Cell connections are only for grid movement, so no, that can't be used for that. Blocked cells can be used for line of sight checks, e.g. in the use range of the ability, but that would only prevent targeting someone behind cover, not lower the chance.

@hellwalker
    Hm, currently you'd have to set up cell events around the cover cells to remove it. I'll look into adding an exit cell event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!