I'm new to Unity and want to give Makinom a try, as it seems pretty feature rich but easy to use. Then I saw ORK and it left me scratching my head.

What are the fundamental differences between the two? Does ORK Framework do everything Makinom does, and has RPG features as well? Does Makinom have a dialog system?

They can be used together and even have a bridge plugin, so I guess they do different things? A comparison chart comparing the two would be super.

I don't have a need for RPG combat in the type of games I'd like to make but if ORK Framework has more useful features then I'll be giving the demo a try.
  • ORK Framework is an RPG system and comes with everything you need for making an RPG. If you're not making an RPG or use RPG-like systems (e.g. stats, equipment, etc.), you don't really need it.

Makinom is a general purpose game development tool, since it was based on ORK's event system, it has some similarities, but serves a different purpose :)
    You could also make an RPG with Makinom, but would have to build all systems from scratch with schematics.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see! Thank you for your response :)

Does Makinom have dialog built in or is that a feature exclusive to ORK?
  • Yes, Makinom also has dialogues built in :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It’s not really mentioned in the tutorials afaik so I thought I would ask. Thank you! I’ll give Makinom a try and when my needs grow I’ll definitely grab a copy of ORK (I like the equipment and crafting features, even if I’m not making an RPG).

Thank you, GiL, I’m so surprised there’s hardly any YouTube content out there about your assets, they’ve been the friendliest to non programmers.
  • On a sidenote, will Makinom be getting updated to Unity 2020?
  • Once Unity 2020 is officially released - beta versions are not supported.
    Unity 2019.3 support will come soon (alongside ORK).
  • Thank you for working tirelessly on your assets, it's really wonderful. I've become a Patreon backer of yours. It's not much but ey.
  • Thanks, every bit helps :)