ORK 2.28.0 is here: release notes

This update adds support for Unity 2019.3, a newish look to the ORK editor, selected data available similar to game variables (i.e. global and per object selected data), new combatant and item despawners, updates to grid battles and many other new features, changes and fixes.

Warning: There has been a change to data serialization (to improve performance). While your data should be compatible with the changes, there is no 100% guarantee that it is – proceed with caution and make a backup of your project!
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome!
    Thanks! A lot of really cool additions.
  • JMRJMR
    edited February 2020
    1) For some reason Hide Empty Slots doesn't work for me. Empty shortcuts still block clicking on screen. (Should I sent you project file for this one?)
    2) In Control Maps a ‘None’ target range ability can now be used to target a group of individuals if I assign default attack to mouse button, however I still can't use it to target empty grid cells and I don't see any range indicator when using the ability.
    3) Dynamic Combat now works better with action points, however it is still buggy. It still doesn't respect the length of status effects and colliders aren't turned off quickly enough, which results in combatants moving away from target when doing combat animation. There is also a new bug, when in 2nd turn and above when I attack an enemy, enemies counterattack. Doesn't happen in the first turn.

Post edited by JMR on
  • Really nice looking release notes! Thanks for all the hard work!
  • edited February 2020
    !!!!
    https://i.imgur.com/Tng79Qz.png
    Simple thing but saves so much time in the long run. Thanks!

Edit: I did encounter one bug.
    I created a new Wait node by rightclicking green connection node so wait would be created after this node. And suddenly whole event editor grid went crazy and I got spammed with bunch of errors like:
    (It got fixed when I re-opened the event)
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKNodeEditor.ShowNodes (ORKFramework.BaseNode start, ORKFramework.BaseNode[] nodes) (at <35fce820dff64fa8bc767ad2234ed582>:0)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsTab.ShowSettings () (at <35fce820dff64fa8bc767ad2234ed582>:0)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsTab.ShowTab () (at <35fce820dff64fa8bc767ad2234ed582>:0)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsSection.ShowTab () (at <35fce820dff64fa8bc767ad2234ed582>:0)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at <35fce820dff64fa8bc767ad2234ed582>:0)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <df7127ba07dc446d9f5831a0ec7b1d63>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <df7127ba07dc446d9f5831a0ec7b1d63>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <df7127ba07dc446d9f5831a0ec7b1d63>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • edited February 2020
    @hellwalker
    Hm, which Unity version are you using?
    Did a quick test in 2019.3 and didn't encounter it (in a new event), is there anything else you've done, or is that happening when adding it to a specific node?

@JMR
    1) Well, it just hides the slots - but if your GUI box is still the same size (e.g. not using Auto height adjustment), it wouldn't really change much if the GUI box has Cursor Over enabled. Also, the width of the GUI box will always be the same, regardless of the content that's dispalyed.

2) Hm, will check it out.

3) Well, status effects might just be due to this mode basically breaking the turn order and can lead to rapidly passing turns.
    How's your counter set up for those enemies? Shouldn't they counter? Also, could it just be a normal attack, or are you sure it's a counter?
    Again, dynamic combat breaks the regular turn order, so don't expect the same result as when using regular turn based modes :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • JMRJMR
    edited February 2020
    1)Oh. I have slots in horizontal line, that makes the thing difficult as changing GUI width changes how many slots can be showed. The problem is that my ability shortcuts have different number of abilities depending on character build, weapons used.

2) Thanks, your help is always appreciated

3) Well the problem is that status effect don't go away :) There is no counter in my game, I assume enemies use counter because they attack after I attack before I run out of AP for my turn. I also have noticed that if my Time between Actions is 0,1 they "counterattack" after each of my attacks I do in a present turn, but if I have 0,5 the do it only after my first attack.
    Post edited by JMR on
  • Monster update, thanks for all your hard work!
  • edited February 2020
    @JMR
    1) Hm, maybe use separate HUDs (with separate GUI boxes) for each slot?

3) Will check out status effects. As for the counter, in that case it's probably the regular base attack, it happening at specific times and differently depending on the time between actions is just a result of, well, actions being started at different times.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I'm on 2018.4.7f1. It happened when I added the wait node, but I don't think the wait node is the problem. It has not happened since. I will look out for causes if it happens again.
  • Might be that it's just when adding it to one specific node, so I'd need the details - I can't check the almost 500 nodes that are available :D
  • edited February 2020
    The main menu does not work anymore I am using the one out of the demo to start my game. I have Just updated to 2019.3 & Ork 2.28.0
    Don't worry got it working when I restarted Unity and I cant find how to delete my post :-)
    Post edited by Dreamwalker23 on
  • edited February 2020
    On the topic of GUI, I'm making a mobile game and while ORK's menu system does the job well. It's not up to the standards of the current mobile games in the market. Hence instead of fiddling around and try to make it work, I built a custom UI with a third party asset to accommodate it. Now I'm stuck at figuring out which part of ORK scripts to grab information from. This topic has come up in a couple of discussions back.

Any plans of writing up a Tutorial/How-Tos on accessing specific data to be passed through custom made UIs? or are you leaving it for ORK3 to handle it?
    Post edited by Raiulyn on
  • Asset Bundles
    Fixed an issue where using ‘Load From Memory’ didn’t work.

Can you please describe that? Does this concern the asset bundles issue on iOS? Or was there different issue?
  • @Raiulyn
    No, I don't have plans for such a tutorial - it's best to just ask in the forum how to access the things you need.
    ORK 3 (or rather Makinom 2, which will be the foundation of ORK 3) will have the option to completely customize your UI and replace it with some other UI system.

@Machal
    The problem was that it simply used Load From File instead Load From Memory, so the stuff was still loaded, and this also has nothing to do with unloading them later.
    The Load From Memory option was mainly added for someone's Nintendo Switch game, where that seems to be the recommended option to load asset bundles.
  • Is there a way to download the new update on unity 2020 alpha?
    When I try to download the new version it doesn't show up in the package manager.