edited February 2020 in ORK Support
Hi, this is probably simple but for some reason, I'm not doing something correctly.
Basically I'm using the Ork template demo to test stuff out. I just completed the 'Fireball' tut. I now want to spawn the prefab in Brown Pants' right hand.

I set up an empty game object called it spellCast and placed it in arm.lo.right of the skeleton. I then went into the event and on the 'Spawn Prefab' step I set it as it should be and in the child, I typed 'spellCast'. However, it's spawning from the center of Brown Pants and not from the child object.
Next, I try to enter the entire path to the child object from the user which is 'skeleton/main.mover/spine/arm.lo.right/spellCast'
and it still spawns from the center of Brown Pants, not the child. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Edit:

Also having another issue. I'm using Mecanim, Real-Time combat, mouse control for the player and Navmesh. The player moves around fine, but as soon as I go into a combat area or come up to an enemy, he freezes and will not move within the area unless I click outside of the battle zone. Not sure how to go about fixing it. I know you said you add wait steps to attack animations but I'm not able to get to the attack stage. The player refuses to move as soon as I enter the area.
Post edited by n00bster on
  • Make sure the path is correct - e.g. the tutorial resources have _ and not . (e.g. main_mover, not main.mover), and if the spellCast game object isn't there, it will not find it.

The mouse control issue sounds like there's a collider/trigger on a layer that's also used by the mouse control.
    Make sure to get your layers sorted out - e.g. control should only use layers that have ground/walkable stuff on it, things like areas (or triggers to start battles) shouldn't be on ground layers.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Resolved issue with child prefab.

The mouse control issues aren't down to layers as I'm using the demo you made and it's set to Ignore Raycast. I found out what the issue is but I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm using mouse control for the camera and when it zooms in to a certain level the mouse control to move the player becomes buggy for me. It will no longer move forward if I click in front of the player, it usually moves him in the opposite direction or just refuses to move.

I'm using the beta of 2.28.0 BETA 2, as it's the latest version I have access to on Patreon, dunno if that matters.

Thanks
  • Are you using a cursor to mark the target position in the mouse controls? If yes, is the cursor placed correctly?
    How much do you have to zoom for that to happen?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2020
    Nevermind, you were right, it was a layer thing. I looked at the cursor options after reading your reply and noticed the RayCast layer was set to everything. I changed it to only the stuff needed and it works fine now.

Thank you for your help
    Post edited by n00bster on