Is there a way I can extend the item and equipment system to have custom attributes per drop/instance? Example, two identical swords, but one of them dropping with crit +5% bonus or something? Ideally I'd like to be able to socket in any value including other scriptable objects such as a skill gem system common in ARPGs now.
  • edited March 2020
    Yes, that's possible - the setup depends on how those things are set up/calculated.

Equipment can give random status value and attack/defence attribute bonuses, and you can use equipment variables to further customize them. Also, using an Init Game Event also allows you to make changes on the equipment (which can be access via the action selected data key).

Also, equipment can change the available equipment parts on a combatant, e.g. adding slots for further equipment (e.g. skill gems).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the quick response. So do you have any examples of how I would do that? I tried scripting and it seems equipment can have custom variables, but what about randomized qualities per instance of equipment?

Also the "equipment parts" sounds now. Maybe something I need to update to the latest version for?

Any examples are appreciated. Thank you!
  • Depends on what those qualities are. As said, there are random bonus settings for status values and attack/defence attributes available in the equipment's settings directly.

Equipment parts can be changed via the equipment's Equipment Part Changes settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!