• No, combined status values are only calculated if the combatant's status is recalculated - which only happens if the status changed (e.g. equipping something, a Normal type status value changing, etc.) or is done manually (e.g. via the event node I mentioned). If your combined values change each frame, it means that your combatant's stats change each frame, which would put a lot more strain on the performance :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Could an active Status effect cause them to update every frame? What about Update Variables, are they also stagnant until something changes?
  • Only if it has status conditions that set on Time every 0 seconds (which does the changes each frame).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!