• Hello. When importing the latest Makinom Pro (1.17.0) into Unity 2019.3.7f1, I'm getting Networking-related errors. Previous release notes suggest that the networking features were removed from Unity, and therefore also Makinom. But the console is saying this:

Assets\Makinom\DLL\Scripts\MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.cs(11,48): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'NetworkBehaviour' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Makinom\DLL\Scripts\MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.cs(13,24): error CS0115: 'MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.OnNetworkDestroy()': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\Makinom\DLL\Scripts\MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.cs(22,24): error CS0115: 'MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.OnStartAuthority()': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\Makinom\DLL\Scripts\MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.cs(31,24): error CS0115: 'MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.OnStartClient()': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\Makinom\DLL\Scripts\MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.cs(40,24): error CS0115: 'MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.OnStartLocalPlayer()': no suitable method found to override
    Assets\Makinom\DLL\Scripts\MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.cs(49,24): error CS0115: 'MakinomNetworkForwardComponent.OnStartServer()': no suitable method found to override

• This is most likely due to importing a Makinom version for a different Unity version. The networking features are still availalble in the non-Unity2019 versions.

Downloading in the asset store will download the version for the current Unity version you have opened, i.e. if this wasn't 2019, you'll still have a version with networking features (and generally, not being 100% compatible with Unity 2019).

Due to the asset store not allowing you to redownload it with different versions, you'll need to delete the downloaded asset from wherever the asset store saves them (i.e. not in your Unity project) before being able to download the compatible version. E.g. on Windows 10 they're somewhere in your user folder in AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x or something like that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks! I see that Makinom 2 is coming in a matter of weeks, so I assume I should wait for that. I hope Mak2 is easy for us hobbyists/artists to understand!
  • Well, it's still a beta and future updates before the official release will most likely break your settings or scene setup, so I'd recommend to not use it in production yet. Unless you're ok with sometime having to redo some (or all) things :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey! There is a bug with the "Float to Angle" node, whatever the number I put in it the output is still that same number.

And for Makinom 2 the text still pastes twice even though I checked the "Double Paste Issue".

Have a nice day!
  • edited April 2020
    Somehow I make a duplicated post! (==!)

Anyway, I forgot to mention it is only paste twice when I paste text and then delete the text then paste again not just paste the first time.

It not really important I still can get away with just click out and then click in again is just a little annoying :)
    Post edited by Night on
  • On unity 2019.4.1f1 LTS i can't expand the subwindows in the inspector view.
    Clicking on the little arrows doesn't work anymore and now it's impossible to customize those hidden settings.
  • I'll look into it, seems like it's an issue that appeared in the Unity 2019.3.14 or .15 update.
    I'm using regular Unity editor functionality here, so not sure if there's something wrong on my end.
  • makinom window open
  • nah im good its fixed
  • Today I try to use the Interaction Controller and Interaction Machine but can't seem to make it work with "Start Type = Interact or Key Press". So I don't know this is a bug or I'm missing something, but it working on Beta 2 before.
    Here is my setup:
    This is on Interactable Game object
    Interaction Settings
    Interaction Controller
    When Interation Machine game object is inside Player Interaction Controller then I press Interaction key "E" and nothing happen, but when I try it with mouse it work perfectly fine.
    So I don't know what wrong.
  • Hm, working fine here.
    If you updated from a beta version, it might be due to incompatibilities between the version you updated from and the release version (there was no automatic data updated between beta versions or between beta and release version), the last beta should be compatible with release, though.

Things to check:
    - make sure the used input key is working
    - the player is actually set as player (e.g. via the Set Player node)
    - the interaction is in the interaction controller's trigger and also recognized (during play mode, the inspector of the controller shows the number of available interactions)

Something that could prevent the interaction from being recongized is Unity's physics system not getting notified, e.g. when moving the player (or interaction) via transform, which doesn't cause any physics events (AFAIK).
  • edited March 2021
    All things you said I check carefully, so I don't think it the input or Set Player, and I also check in the inspector when Interaction Machine is inside Interaction Controller is show Available Interactions is 1.

So I test it some more today and I realize Interaction Controller it's working when is a Player and not when the parent game object is Player.
    This is not working
    This is working fine
    *Player Machine game object with "Start Type= Enable" Is set root game object is Player.

So when you test it do you make the Parent game object of the Interaction Controller is the Player or you make the Interaction Controller is the Player?
    Post edited by Night on
  • edited March 2021
    Interaction Machine alone with "Start Type=Keypress" while the Player in the trigger of the item is working perfectly without the Interaction Controller.

But I still don't know why I can't make "Start Type=Interact" in Interaction Machine work with Interaction Controller when it a child of the Player game object.
    Post edited by Night on
  • The interaction controller has to be either on the player's game object or on a child object of the player, otherwise it'll not be found.

Alternatively, you can use the prefab setup in the interaction settings to have it automatically be added/spawned on the player.