Greetings,

I have run into a few issues with the Shortcut/Skillbar HUD and am hoping someone can help me out.

The setup I have used is pretty much what is found in the tutorial:

http://orkframework.com/tutorial/gameplay/skillbar-and-hotkeys-with-shortcut-slots/

The first query I have is with regards to the Skillbar HUD not updating a used item quantity right away upon use. It does update itself to the correct value but only until after a second Mecanim Animation (that is not even part of the Battle Event) is played by the character. Strangely enough the Inventory Menu updates and correctly displays the correct quantity straight away. So in my example I have 10 pieces of food stacked in one Shortcut Slot. I press the number of the corresponding Shortcut Slot, the character plays his eating animation and gets healed but the quantity in the slot remains at 10. Without doing anything else I open up the Inventory Menu and it correctly shows that the food item is now of a quantity of 9 but on the Shortcut Slot it still shows 10. I then proceed to do an attack animation with the character and then the Shortcut Slot number updates itself to also show the correct quantity of 9.

The second query relates to some irritating/dizzying flickering that seems to be going on with the Skillbar HUDs borders particularly when the Game Window is not Maximized on Play. When I uncheck the GUI Boxes -> Skillbar -> Content Box Settings -> Show Box it seems to remove the flickering but I then lose the borders which I want to keep.

Any assistance and or advice regarding these issues will be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

DL
  • Hm, which ORK version are you using?
    Might be an issue due to the new HUD performance improvements in ORK 2.28.0 not updating on the quantity change. If you're using 2.28.0, I'll look into that - otherwise please update to the latest version, since the whole HUD update functionality has been changed and that might fix your issue :)

The flickering issue could be due to Unity's GUI scaling when playing in the editor window. Is the flickering also happening iin a built game?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Many thanks for the very quick reply.

I am using the latest version of ORK 2.28.0

With regards to the flickering, unfortunately I have not yet tested it in a built game.

• I figured out what was causing the HUD flickering issue. I simply had to uncheck the box in Menus -> Menu Settings -> Screen Space Camera.

Have you had a chance to check the updating of Shortcut Slot Item quantities?

• Will be fixed in the next update :)
    If you're using screen space camera, make sure to use a Plane Distance that works for you - the flickering here is probably a result of the UI being shortly invisible to the camera due to the clipping plane.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Greetings,

Hope you are safe and everyone is well.

The last update did fix the original Skillbar HUD issue that I was having and the item quantities now update correctly when an item in the shortcut bar is consumed however I have found two similar issues which still persist in relation to this.

Here they are:

1. If I have an item in my shortcut bar and pick up another item of the same kind the item quantity in the shortcut bar does not get updated similar to before. It updates fine in the main inventory however it does not update the quantity of the item in the shortcut bar until another action is done first.

2. If I use an item in my shortcut bar on a companion in the party and not on the main player the same problem occurs.

Please advise on this again when you can.

Many thanks!

• edited April 2020
    1) Is the item added to the stack of items that's used in the shortcut bar, or is it shown as a separate stack in your inventory?

2) Are you using individual or group inventories?

Will check it out :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • 1. The item is being added to the same stack of items in the shortcut bar and in the main inventory. As an example, I have 10 apples in my inventory in a single stack. I drag that stack to one of the slots in my shortcut bar and it correctly displays a stack of 10 apples in that slot. If I click on the number of the shortcut slot where the stack is it correctly uses and in this case causes the character to eat one apple. The total quantity displayed in the shortcut bar goes down by one to 9 apples in both the shortcut display and main inventory.

Now if I harvest another apple it is added to the stack in the main inventory and the quantity goes back up to 10 however the quantity displayed in the shortcut slot for the stack remains at 9 and only updates once I have done another action.

2. If I use an apple from the stack of 10 in my shortcut slot to feed a companion in the party it correctly applies the animation and status effect on the companion however the quantity displayed in the shortcut slot remains at 10 and once again only updates once I have done another action. The quantity in the main inventory on the other hand appears to always update and display correctly. So in this example it will show that the stack quantity of apples has gone down to 9 after using one on a companion however it will still show a quantity of 10 in the shortcut slot quantity.
  • Alright, thanks for the details, I'll do some tests.
  • Greetings,

Just re-visiting this and checking to see if you were able to locate and resolve this in your testing.

Kind regards
  • Should be fixed in the next update.