edited April 2020 in ORK Support
I have an ability for which you must select an hex in the grid as the target. When I cast it by clicking on a Shortcut menu icon, I have the cell-selection stage and then the ability is cast properly. However, if I trigger the same ability from a battle event with a Use Battle Action step, then ORK seems to auto-select a cell and skip the cell-selection stage for the player. Is there a way to force ORK to ask the player for a cell?

Alternatively, I tried to use a Call Function step and trigger the ability from script:
new AbilityBMItem(combatant.Abilities.Get(AbilityID, null).Accepted(combatant);
This effectively does not skip the target cell selection but, if I hit the Cancel key to cancel the ability during cell-selection, then I can't move my combatant anymore when I click on a cell after...

So, I could make it work either with the Use Battle Action step or through code but none works right now. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Post edited by ArsMagika on
  • That's due to the Use Battle Action node already adding the fully set up action to the system, without any target selection, as you're setting that up in the node.

Try using this instead:
    combatant.Battle.BattleMenu.StartTargetSelection(combatant.Abilities.Get(AbilityID), false);
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great! It effectively solved the issue. However, I'd like to know if there is a way to use a Use Battle Action node without auto target selection. Or is there a way to trigger a target selection without scripting?
  • No, currently not - I'll look into adding an option for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok! Yes, I think it could really be useful.