edited May 2020 in ORK Support
My project is huge enough and I have to wait 20 seconds looking at the black screen when loading scenes. How to add a loading screen with a picture and a loading bar during the transition between scenes?
Post edited by 3kage on
  • First of all, I'd recommend using asset bundles and ORK's asset sources feature to improve the initial load time of ORK.

As for loading screens, you could either use an Information type HUD via the Changing Scene game state condition, or use a 3rd party loading screen asset and connect it with ORK via the Unity Wrapper functionality (set up in Game > Game Settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2020
    Starting to have this issue too, unpredictable loading times atm..
    I was wondering, can you have a loading scene that connects all the other scenes?

I guess it would be a scene transfer with a set variable that an auto-start event on the loading screen would use to place you into the correct scene the moment it loads.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Wrofir said: У меня тоже
    возникла эта проблема, непредсказуемое время загрузки. Мне было интересно, у вас может быть сцена загрузки, которая соединяет все остальные сцены?

Я предполагаю, что это будет передача сцены с установленной переменной, которую событие автозапуска на экране загрузки будет использовать, чтобы поместить вас в правильную сцену в момент загрузки.
    At the moment I use a separate HUD with the usual picture on the splash screen at the time of loading a new scene (I have more than 3000 objects in the scene, therefore it loads up to 20 seconds).
  • Having a separate load scene is also an option. You could have your autostart scene load in it load a scene stored in a variable and have the original scene changer that loaded the scene use the Set After Scene Change settings to set the variable.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!