edited May 2020 in ORK Support
So I need my characters to rotate their spine in order to aim their guns up or down based on the player's height compared to them. I did a quick test to no avail.

Just checking to see if anyone has done this, as they are already playing an animation that utilizes their armature I'm worried that I can't rotate any of the bones via event during the shoot animation.
Post edited by Wrofir on
Miuratale : coming 2024
Miuratale
  • I've never done this, but I'd assume that, if both rotate/change the same transform/bone, rotation via event (or custom script) and animation would interfere with each other.

I think the usual setup here is having the animation not change the spine, just what's parented to it in order to be able to change the rotation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sounds like a job for Inverse Kinematics.

That said. If you're using animations, the animations might revert back to its initial positions and rotations though. You can try Blend-weights and Crossfades to blend animations together. For example, anim_up for upper torso and anim_walk_forward for the lower torso.
  • edited May 2020
    I'm guessing every keyframe would override any motions from events... I'll have to do a few more tests. I could do a very simple unity animation of them just holding a rifle without any keyframes on the spine and see if the event will work on that
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale