edited May 2020 in ORK Support
After month of development my Main Menu content box started to appear twice during Main Menu pop up scene, where I have ORK Starter with Maim Menu auto call. When I check the Canvas, there are 2x Main Menu Canvases, but one of them is non interactable and it's fucking up everything. I can't click anywhere, it's blocking everything in my game so can't even continue.

When I enable both Autocall in the Game Starter and in Main Menu settings, I can click menu buttons, but then it's stuck again since that non-interactable Canvas from Main Menu on Default layer is still there.

Changing Main Menu GUI box doesn't help. New Scene with Main Menu starter doesn't help.

Edit: If I manually right click and delete the non-interactable Main Menu canvas from Default layer, I can go past Main Menu and then it's stuck again on New Game scene, but this time for no reason as there is no more cavas. What the hell just happened. I don't have backup, need to fix this crap. It's ORK 2.28.1.

Using New UI.

Any ideas?
Post edited by Machal on
  • Having Call Main Menu enabled in your game starter AND Auto Call enabled in Menus > Main Menu will call the main menu twice. Only use one of them (I recommend using the one in the ORK editor, to have the main menu called when returning to it in-game).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2020
    I'm not stupid, already said that only tested it with both options to see what happens.

Even when I choose different GUI box for 'Main Menu' -> 'Menu Options' gui box, that old one is magically appearing there. And it's not doing in new project, so it's stuck somewhere in the original one.

There must be a way to remove it from some ORK cache or whatever as It clearly is putting it on. Clearing Unity Cache didn't help, so this is clearly ORK related bug. It appeared when I created a GUI box no.36 for one of my Menu Screens which isn't even related.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Hm, tried to achieve having the main menu appear twice, but it's not really possible, as the 2nd call would just reopen it.

If you change the GUI box and that's not used when starting the game, it sounds like your game start is using the wrong ORK project asset.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2020
    Of course it's not possible, because it doesn't normally happens. I'm using 2.28.1. only for a month and it happened just now! There is only one project asset, backups contain same stuff.

Oh well, will try to re-import everything to new unity project and see what happens. Working already 5th year with ORK but never stumbled upon this bug that it really doesn't allow me to continue suddenly.
    This random shit really pisses me off.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Could you send me the project?
    I'd just need the main menu scene, ORK project asset and used UI assets to test this, so stripping it down to that should be simple :)
  • Sent you project asset. No need for anything, as the main menu has only ORK game starter with auto call enabled.

You the check the ORK Canvases in game, Layer 2-Higher Layer, there are 2 menu canvases.

You can use any button and content box UI you want.
  • It's a HUD - ORK 2.28.0 added the Game Running game state, which defaults to Yes (i.e. only displaying the HUD when an actual game started via new game or load game). You've set it to Ignore, so the HUD is displayed even in the main menu, potentially blocking the menu.

Since there's only one HUD using the same GUI box as the main menu (HUD ID 13), at least setting that one to Yes for Game Running should solve it.
  • edited May 2020
    You're right! After I've created new GUI box, I've wanted to make new HUD to test stuff and forgot about it, how stupid I can be ffs!

For future reference, is there a way that ORK Canvas can display whether that layer is from HUD or Menu Screen? :)

Thanks for the help mate, sorry I've been mean. Saved me a lot of days re-working it from scratch.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • No, you'd have to manage that yourself by using separate GUI layers for your GUI boxes used by HUDs, menu screens, dialogues, etc.

Generally, if there's a GUI box you don't know where it's coming from, it's usually from a HUD :)