edited May 2020 in ORK Support
Can ork be integrated with multiplayer ??
As a result of searching numerous posts in this support board,
I have heard that complex logic battles such as turn-based battles are difficult to synchronize.
but,
What I want is to synchronize only real-time battles with various formulas and status values.
(that is, 2d multiplay rpg)

Of course it would be difficult, but I would appreciate it if you could just let me know if this is possible or not.

Do I need to modify the existing source code?
Or can it be solved by application of the implemented source like executing other functions ??
The question can be tricky, but any answers would be appreciated.
thanks.
Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • It's possible to do, and I'm actually currently engaged in a project where ORK is used in a multiplayer game (although not on an MMO scale). This will be publicly available at some point, but there's still a long way to go :)

The base idea is to use ORK's access handler feature to forward stuff to a server that handles e.g. ability calculations and has the client only display the stats/changes. The upcoming ORK 2.29.0 (and future updates) will further improve that functionality - the end goal is to just switch out ORK's base access handler with a multiplayer access handler, without having to change the source code.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow ... it's the most interesting news I've seen on this board.
    The access handler is a really exciting feature!
    I hope this feature will be further developed.
    And
    I think I saw it in another article,
    Do you have any plans to integrate with Cogi Engine (i.e. plug-ins)?
  • Currently not - there was a planned project for that a few years ago, but that never moved any further.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!