Does anyone know how to use "Points Of Interest" ?
I tried for a long time and couldn't succeed ,
Any tip or step will be very welcome ,
Thanks!!
  • I'm currently writing a more in-depth how-to on the move AI (including POIs), will probably be available tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a short how-to:

Add a Point Of Interest component to a game object in your scene - that already makes it a detectable point of interest for combatants controlled by the move AI.
    You can select a game event in the POI component to optionally do something when a combatant reaches it. The combatant is available as Event Object actor, the POI as Starting Object.
    The rest of the settings handle how far away the combatant will stop and how fast it'll move to the POI.

The move AI setup should already work out of the box, as using points of interest is enabled (in the Waypoint Settings of the move AI). Detecting POIs works just like detecting enemies, i.e. via the Enemy Detection settings. As long as Detect Points Of Interests is enabled in one of them (by default enabled), it'll be able to detect them.

You can also limit the POI detection via tags, but if you leave it just as default (i.e. no tag defined in the POI component and no detection tag added in the move AI it can be detected.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • i.e. via the Enemy Detection settings.
    This is the point . I ignored it before , It works now .
    I appreciate it.
  • You can check out the new how-to on move AIs for more details on the new modes and points of interest :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!