• It would be great to have abilities on status effects similar to abilities.
    My use case is I want to spawn some effects, and play some animations using custom animation controller when the effect is started/ended.

And I could use variables to tell gamevent which anim/effects to do.
    (Unless there is already a way to do this that I missed).
  • Another very useful thing would be to have option for Equipment Outworn Actions to have option to do nothing and let us handle the negative implications of Outworn armor.
    (Unless once again the feature is already there and I missed it :D)
  • @hellwalker
    Status effects can use game events, e.g. on apply or remove - similar to the status conditions. Check the effect's Game Events settings.

Could you give me a bit more details on the outworn equipment? How would you like to do that, e.g. via setting up different bonuses for outworn state?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2020
    Status effects can use game events, e.g. on apply or remove - similar to the status conditions. Check the effect's Game Events settings.
    Ah, sorry my mind was fried :D I meant variables on status effects similar to variables on abilities.
    Could you give me a bit more details on the outworn equipment? How would you like to do that, e.g. via setting up different bonuses for outworn state?
    For example, I use bonus settings on weapons to set up some data I use in formulas.
    Like the weapon damage, weapon type (Sword, axe), weapon derived attribute(Strength, Dexterity). So, if I lose those bonuses I lose some useful data about weapon. And so my only alternatives are to unequip or destroy equipment. Which are not ideal for everything. Like getting undressed of armor in the middle of the battle :D

So, ideally, if the outworn equipment just had an option for ORK to neither unequip nor apply any automatic penalties. Like "Do nothing" option that would be great.

The way I use "custom penalties" is that I use weapon durability in the formula to determine how much damage a weapon can do. So, if weapon damage is 100, a 50% broken weapon will do 50 damage etc.
    But this could change from weapon to weapon or armor to armor.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • Hm, no, there are no variables on status effects - what's your use case?

As for the outworn equipment, I'll add an option to do nothing if it's outworn :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you!

For Status Effects, I want to identify which status effect activated the game event. So, instead of creating game event for each Status Effect, and repeating shared nodes, I could have one event and use conditional checks to adapt my event to each status effect.
  • I'm trying to create an analog clock to show time ingame. I have 3 png images to create the clock; a base quadrant and the two hands for hour and minute.

I have managed to spawn the 3 layers and build my clock using show image nodes, now i need to update the hands position but there is no rotation parameter on the image position node. Could it be possible to include rotation operations to the show image nodes?
  • I would like to see have a feature for Phase Battle system to have automatically generate a combined total of actions in a party per phase and is it as a source of resource for number of actions per turn....

and secondly an option to have a movement that moves the player at a fixed movement distance similar to a grid-based movement in old classic dungeon crawlers.
  • Hover selection would be nice. Basically, a version of Mouse/Input Handling/Hold, only the selection triggers if the cursor hovers over something for 'X' seconds with no buttons being pushed.
  • SK1SK1
    edited July 2020
    I hope that both MA2.0 and ORK’s skill bar support DOTween and DOTween Pro.
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • Status & Variable filters for animation parameters would be very useful. In your equip animation, for instance, you could tell it to add parameters on play/stop only if a character has x weapon equipped. Much simpler than using events to filter everything. Either that, or let us select between multiple animation settings on our combatants by filtering through either Status Values or Object Variables.
  • i would like if there was a video tutorial showing how to make a hack and slash type game using mechanim animations,i have completed the tutorial but still get confuse in what to do following text base tutorial, i'm more of a visual learner, so it would be nice showing video tutorials of your product show specific mechanics,
    hope to see a video tutorial soon showing how to make small hack and slash game showing everything that is needed.
  • Hello everyone!

Would it be beneficial to add a "weakness/resist" next step to the calculation node? I'm currently building this feature using my own node but I figured I'd bring it up here.

I need to get whether or not an attack was strong or weak against a target (using attack attributes). I also use this flag to add to a party-wide status.

Just figure I'd mention it to see if other people might need something like for their game.
  • C# supports the ability to format float values when converting to string. So for example you can get something like:
    "2000000" > "2,000,000"
    When displaying values on a menu screen. Could we get this support in ork framework? Here is a link to the formatting information I am speaking about.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/base-types/standard-numeric-format-strings

As you can see, you can use simple format symbols like "N" or "P" to achieve favorable results.

Forgive me if this is already supported and I just missed it.
  • edited September 2020
    @Dre788
    There are already some formatting options available, e.g. there is a float variable text code with format information (best use the text area buttons to add that), also some HUDs and menus have format settings, though mostly for float based values like running reuse times.
    All of them use the C# formatting texts :)

Where would you need additional formatting options?
    Post edited by gamingislove on