I have my real time battle system setup without a dedicated battle area setup. The combatants automatically enter into battle whenever they are in range and the battle ends whenever the enemy dies. Only issue with this, the battle does not automatically end when you are no longer in range of the enemy without killing him. Is there a way to adjust this so the battle will end when you run away?
  • The Leave Arena Settings (available for each individual battle system, i.e. for real time in Battle System > Real Tim Battles) handle that.
    In ORK 2.29.0 you can set it up for player and non-player combatants separately, in previous version it was only available for the player group.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome works, thanks.
  • Unfortunately, now when i leave the battle the enemy remains and I cant re-enter the battle when back in range...
  • edited June 2020
    That's due to the Scene ID of your combatant spawner or battle being set - either don't use the scene ID setting or use a Set Battle Scene ID node in your leave arena battle end event to remove the battle's scene ID.

Scene IDs are used to mark a battle as already finished and prevent it from happening again (e.g. when returning to the scene). You can also change scene IDs via the Change Scene ID node in events, e.g. resetting battles and item collectors for certain scenes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice, that works. I have another issue, I dont know if I should create a new thread but here goes:
    I am trying to level up my weapons in the real time battle setting but having no success. My character does himself level up but I am trying to have the weapon gain experience on each successful hit. I've added the add experience to user changes of my attack ability but no experience is being added to the weapon. I also have collect immediately enabled in battle settings. What am I missing?
  • Status developments is what I was missing, thought that was just for the player.
  • Weapons/armors can also level up - for that you need to set up the levels per equipment (and their bonuses per level). How the equipment levels up is defined by the Level Up Settings in the equipment's Equipment Settings.
  • In my case I have 2 experience attributes, one for the player and another for the weapon, how do I set each one so they use the correct experience attributes?
  • The one for the player should have the experience type Level, the other None.

In the equipment's settings (also for abilities), you can select which experience status value is used when selecting Auto or Spend level up types.