Can we use one set of player controls for field exploration and another for battles. I'd like, specifically to try using the first person button controls during normal gameplay but switch over to a top down-border & mouse controled setup for battles.
  • As far as i remember, you have event steps that remove or add some controls components, you could disable the base movement component at the start of the battle and enable the battle move component and then at the end of the battle enable the base control component ?
  • I'll look into making it easier to switch between built-in controls in-game, but for any custom control, you'll have to use the event system to add/remove the control components (both on the game objects and registering them with ORK).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So, if I want to switch between two default ORK control types should I then add them both to a combatants prefab, tweak the settings, disable and enable them via event? If I want to toggle between using the standard 'Mouse Player Controller (Script)' and 'Button Player Controller (Script)' for instance, will I still need to register them as custom controls? Also, I see only the options to add and remove controls, which seems like it would void any predefined settings. If that is indeed the case, what method would you recommend I use to dial in the proper settings, allowing also for player preferences to apply?
  • just brainstorming here but you may be able to fudge mouse movement via Raycast to variable and a nav mesh movement to those coordinates.
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Next update will allow you to switch between built-in player/camera controls via the event system.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!