Is there any way to change the basic camera controller settings during runtime?
For example i have set up a top down camera with a height and distance of 15, it works well in exterior scenes, but what if i want to change it in interiors? Haven't found any relevant event yet.
  • You can do this via the Change Fields node, which can be used to change values on all kinds of components.

E.g. for the Top Down Border camera control to change the height:
    - class origin: Component
    - class name: TopDownBorderCamera
    - target object: set up a Camera type actor for this
    - add a field
    - field name: height (for distance it'd be distance)
    - field type: Float
    - float value: whatever you want to set it to :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2020
    Super useful, thanks! However changing distance or height fields ingame doesn't seem to do anything. I see the field values changing from the inspector but the camera stays the same.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • Ah, yeah, that's just to set the starting values - you can reset the camera to those values using a Call Function node and call the component's ResetZoom function.

Also, since you're using the Top Down Border camera, you could actually use Camera Border components to limit the camera to the border's height.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice, ResetZoom makes it work after i change the field values. Thanks!